PICS - Show us your WELL USED knives

2Tv4Qva.jpg

jCpkkDZ.jpg

IDE.jpg

I found this poor abused and neglected jackknife a while ago. It was filthy, it took a huge amount of effort to pry the blades open, and they were all dull as heck. It sat in a box until yesterday when I finally pulled it out and began cleaning it up, oiling it, working the blades open and shut until they started to move more freely, etc.

It had some kind of cheap paint on the plastic scales to make them look wooden. At least a third of it was already pretty well worn off, and so it just had these dark brown splotchy areas with yellowed patches where the brown had rubbed off. All of that stuff came right off with a bit of Flitz. It took very little effort.

Man does this old boy ever take a good edge though! Scary sharp. I'm pretty impressed with it actually. I like the variety of blade shapes as well. I might start carrying this regularly, but I'll have to see how people react to it. Usually I carry a Swiss army knife and people don't mind that at all. If I try to carry a more modern style locking folder, people tend to freak out on me. I've never tried carrying one these old non-SAK slipjoints before, so it will be interesting to see the reactions.

Does anyone know what the specific model is? Or maybe how old it is? It's an Imperial Diamond Edge, but I don't know much else about it. 🤷‍♂️

edit: the model appears to be 860DE.

Last edited:
Here’s my Sebenza user👍 It’s traveled miles and seen some things. I still believe Chris Reeve created the standard for what to expect from a high end folder. I’ve added some poorly trimmed traction tape to the one side. I’ve used my Sebenza for most everything I’ve ever needed a folder for. I’ve cut plastic pallet strapping, scraped epoxy, trimmed nails, and even once as a screwdriver 👍 Last night it cut up some chicken during dinner😎 I should probably clean it someday 🤔

IMG_4740.jpeg

Back