PICS - Show us your WELL USED knives

My most obviously well used knife is my Heretic Manticore E, but it's at Heretic getting a replacement clip screw, cleaned and sharpened.

These two will be 10 years old in March and April. The CTS-XHP of the Manix 2 has needed far less sharpening due to the S30V of the having had a burnt edge.

IMG_2235.jpeg

My GB is 10.5 years old and is well worn butbid downstairs in my workshop. It is my dedicated workshop knife.

Boy that sure looks familiar... 🤔
IDE.jpg

Does anyone know what the specific model is? Or maybe how old it is? It's an Imperial Diamond Edge, but I don't know much else about it. 🤷‍♂️

edit: the model appears to be 860DE.

I bought this Uncle Henry 885 in 1970 & carried it pretty much every day for 30 years until I retired it. Shown here with its replacement that I found on the Exchange here a couple years ago.

I found out there is also an Old Timer and a Buck Knives model that are basically identical. Seems like it was pretty common. How long is yours closed? Mine is 4 inches. Anyway I'm currently putting a forced mustard patina on mine to help disguise and blend with the existing pitting on the blades.

edit: and here it is with the forced patina

patina1.jpg

patina2.jpg

I wish it had turned out a little darker on the logo side, but I think it still turned out pretty decent overall and I don't want to ruin it by trying to darken further...

Last edited:
So here are a few of mine.
This folder belonged to my maternal grandfather. I don't remember a lot of him because I was 6 when he passed - about 27 years ago. But I do remember he carried it and used that knife daily. He was a Shepard and I remember watching him to pull this knife out of his pocket and cut open the belly of a sheep to see what caused it's sudden death. I am pretty sure it was in way better condition when I got it - I was just a kid so I used and abused it and I was learning how to sharpen so I used all kinds of too coarse abrasives, as visible from the blade shape. I don't regret it though - it is such a part of my life that just taking it out brings out a lot of memories. Took those pictures, cleaned it a bit, oiled it and put it back in storage - it has become too precious for me to use.

IMG-3260.jpg

IMG-3261.jpg

The next one was also from this grandfather but I don't think he ever used it. It was gifted to him by a friend. When I got it, I was probably 8 or 9 so I just took it out of the cabinet without telling anyone 😁 It is some kind of souvenir knife so it was pretty dull and too hard for a kid to put any descend edge on it. But I sharpened it how I could and did all sorts of things with it - carving sticks, bows and arrows in our backyard; taking it to all kind of expeditions out to the fields; fishing the lake and the creek. It is a stick tang and had a hollow plastic handle which I broke. I was trying to make all sorts of wooden handles for it but none would last - I was probably 11-12 at the time and my skills and the tools I had access to were pretty limited. Some time passed in making some handle which broke after few uses (at best) then the knife just sat at a shelf until the next time I had inspiration to restore it. That was until a sudden stroke of genius got me - why should I struggle to form a handle out of wood when I could use something that already has appropriate shape and a hole.... A piece of thick sided hose. Cut it to size and stuck a wooden peg on the bottom. It has worked good ever since. I had plans to restore both this one and the folder but think it would take away their charm - I love them the way they are and each time I take them out is a walk down memory lane. Heck - I even like the chip in the edge. I don't recall exactly how it got there but at the time I was fine with using knives as a screwdrivers so.. 🤭

IMG-3262.jpg

IMG-3263.jpg

This final one I don't have a lot of story with yet, but I love it. Bought it on the cheap with a broken tip and it looked like someone tried to sharpen it on the sidewalk, while holding it with their foot... using and angle grinder. I initially thought to get a new blade for it - liked the handle a lot so I just could buy a buck with the plastic handle, get the blade and the whole deal would still cost me less than a new brass and wood 110. But when I got it I gave it a try - reshaped the tip the best I could, gave it a fresh edge and just fell in love with it - it's pretty much size 112 blade in a 110 handle and the tip is so rounded and thickened that I don't believe it can be broken again. I carry and use it with joy - fells and looks great to me.

IMG-3264.jpg

IMG-3265.jpg

This 112 is used daily at work and 100% sees the most use of any pocket knife I own. The Buck fixed blade is used in my kitchen daily and sees a ridiculous amount of work. A5E39668-2883-43F7-B09B-3922EC5BEEC0.jpeg

These next two are my go to yard work knives in the summer time. The Izula gets abused and the UKPK cuts a lot of weedeater string.
BEBB9AA1-BBBB-4CD9-9D62-05592EE2DE7E.jpeg

The three knives on the right were all carried on a regular basis for years, the three on the left were all brand new at the time. The bottom right LT Wright has done dumb things.
F6866D1D-6195-474F-BFA6-EF03AD510DE7.jpeg
A0A2074B-DC6D-435E-A48F-01BEFD3C9843.jpeg
Playing in nature, this knife will be with me.
6928A35E-D803-4E8C-AC6C-FEBCC04385DE.jpeg

Boy that sure looks familiar... 🤔

I found out there is also an Old Timer and a Buck Knives model that are basically identical. Seems like it was pretty common. How long is yours closed? Mine is 4 inches. Anyway I'm currently putting a forced mustard patina on mine to help disguise and blend with the existing pitting on the blades.

edit: and here it is with the forced patina

patina1.jpg

patina2.jpg

I wish it had turned out a little darker on the logo side, but I think it still turned out pretty decent overall and I don't want to ruin it by trying to darken further...
I come up with just a hair short of 4".

I have a bunch of knives that were well used by me, but also have some that were well used by someone before me. Here's a couple:
A Kutmaster
Image.jpg
And an old Schrade
Image 1.jpg
They both still have good snap, and the joints are tight, with no blade wobble. You have to wonder what condition some of the knives coming out today will be in 80-100 years from now.

In the middle, Manix 2 I got in 2013 or maybe 2012 it was the first batch with the black cage and full flat grind, and camo PM2 I got in 2015, new-ish versions of the same knives next to them to show the difference in blades. The've been resharpened so much they're 1-2mm shorter than their still stock edge counterparts. The Manix was my first US-made Spyderco and my first dip into "proper" knives, it was my main and only EDC for well over 5 years. GB2 is also very well used and sharpened a dozen times at this point. Unfortunately my collection has since ballooned to the point where I very rarely need to resharpen knives as I carry a different one every day of the month. Talk about first world problems lmao.
OacX8qe.jpeg

Back