Picture history of early CRK's

What a seriously amazing thread!!! WOW, just wow!! THANK YOU for taking the time to do this for us.

IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1728.jpg

Another knife that should be in this thread. A one of a kind show knife which became the inspiration for the limited OPK Freyja knife. As of June 2017 for sale at an eye watering $12500.00

Nick

Last edited:
Lock 45 re-issue.... NOW!!!!! Most of those knives are crazy cool, and would stand the test of time if offered today!

So cool! I think I've changed my "Grail Knife" from the River of Fire Sebenza to a Helix Lock because of this thread. Thanks for the glimpse into CRK history!

Love this thread. So many I have never seen and never knew existed.

Those Helix Locks are amazing as are the Garter Knives. Outstanding.

IMG_2010.JPG

Lovely "Garter knife" courtesy of Brian Robinson. Brian I hope you'll get chance to add other knives from your fantastic collection.
This was a bit of a test for me.... the first direct photo image straight off the iPad..... so easy, Yah! Photo bucket can go take a running jump!

Last edited:
View attachment 735532

Lovely "Garter knife" courtesy of Brian Robinson. Brian I hope you'll get chance to add other knives from your fantastic collection.
This was a bit of a test for me.... the first direct photo image straight off the iPad..... so easy, Yah! Photo bucket can go take a running jump!

Nick this was the same knife that Chris made for me in the mid 80's. We called it the BEE and they were coated with the same color Kal-Guard as the OPK's. This was a hand finished custom version that he must have made around the same time for a show.
I struggled to sell them at 30 quid. Lol:D

£30..... Strewth.
Bee, must keep a look out for one of them.

Ok that makes sense. It looks like an un-handled Garter knife.

Can't believe that £30 :( :( lol

Sword (Chris Reeve)

Misericorde_600_zps7a08e051.jpg

image upload

Sent from my iPad

Nickpp -- GREAT job compiling all of these photos! I can give a little more information on these knives. I'm the photographer, but not the owner.

The top one is in Chris and Anne's collection, and is called the Mise’ricorde – means in French, putting a person out of misery. Some specs:
13” blade, 17” overall
classic dagger blade with reinforced point. Was designed to pierce chain mail and put a fallen soldier out of his misery on the battlefield.
Elephant ivory and ebony on handle fittings of blued mild steel w/ high lead content fittings and sterling silver.
440B steel
sheath is african blackwood lined with velvet, mild steel & ivory fittings
Chris made this knife in 1986

The next one is one of Chris's customs that has not been named. It's a 3 flute dagger, with a combination flat/hollow grind out of CPM154CM, with Ti and 22 karat gold fittings w/ braided rayon handle wrap. Blade length = 10”, overall length is 17”. Chris originally sold this fine piece to Neil Ostroff.

Feel free to update the original post with this information, and delete this reply.

Best regards, Fooj

All hail Fooj! Dave, you are an incredible encyclopedia of all things CRK.

Back