Picture history of early CRK's

Thanks all, just telling as Chris told Frank his UK dealer, it is confusing that he made 2 batch's and numbered them the same!

It would certainly explain the anomalies with numbers that you and I discussed a couple of years ago!

Last edited:
This is a fantastic thread. Thank you, it was great reading and seeing some of the history.

Wow. Thank you to everyone who added photos and content to this thread. As one of the newest fanboys this was a sweet treat to read.

Not sure why this wasn’t a sticky but it is now

Wow, I've never seen these knives before. Thank you for posting this history up!

Another Golden Oldie. A Musgrave edition. As shown on the CRK/Exquisite Blade video

This one was presented to an employee a Mr S Brummer for his years of service with the Musgrave company. They were sporting Rifle manufactures in South Africa, during in the early days of CRKs when they too were based in South Africa. Chris made approximately 30 of theses knives for Musgrave. This one has a DOB of 18th June 1988.
10D23936-8C7F-4317-9E5E-D79915346831.jpeg

E0363B91-619C-4FC1-8472-D3E8ACC49D19.jpeg

16A5128D-9FA1-46E3-BB27-F8A43EC41603.jpeg

B8644558-B2B1-46B5-9124-BC967A0C60A0.jpeg

Last edited:
This caught my eye at Blade and am
Kicking myself for not buying it. Should of got pics of the other side 🤦🏼‍♂️ Marked Reeve on the tang and when I asked the sales person if “Chris” I got the nod.
Eta****Pic deleted!! Have confirmed that Steven65 was 💯 correct 👍🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
This caught my eye at Blade and am
Kicking myself for not buying it. Should of got pics of the other side 🤦🏼‍♂️ Marked Reeve on the tang and when I asked the sales person if “Chris” I got the nod.
View attachment 1943230
I have never seen one of Chris's knives without the typical logo. And that design and style of knife with Yellow Westinghouse and blind rivets was simply not something I have ever seen him make.
I very much doubt that is one of his........I think you had a fortunate escape.

Hope you’re right. It was the one knife at the entire show that truly stood out to me and hasnt left my mind. Even tracked the seller down the other day (no response) The seller had individual knives worth more than my entire collection so definitely a credible individual. The tang was without question marked Reeve.

Hope you’re right. It was the one knife at the entire show that truly stood out to me and hasnt left my mind. Even tracked the seller down the other day (no response) The seller had individual knives worth more than my entire collection so definitely a credible individual. The tang was without question marked Reeve.
Maybe Tim or Anne would have some insight if you sent them a picture.

I enjoyed looking at the photos, what a wonderful history CRK's has, thank you for showing.

A couple of mid 80s hand made models. I believe the dagger was called ”Sting” and the little necker “Bee” 🐝
last pic shows a few variants of the little knives Chris made back in the 80s

2A3DE23B-1E18-4EF2-852F-109DC1D2A15A.jpeg063B1D2B-9E83-4D97-BDA6-AFA9EED27E1F.jpeg

099F50DD-6A99-42C0-BC03-103DB672E459.jpeg

296D5217-42DF-4E0A-BF13-4C9D6977F153.jpeg

Last edited:
Back