Pictures of your SOG knives

albums

Last edited:
Thx..

I recently bought 2 new knives on eBay but i suspecting that they are fakes.
I tried to email SOG about them but 3 weeks later and no response.
Anyone here know some more info?

http://knifeandswordcollector.blogspot.com/2011/05/2-nya-sogs.html

Best Regards

Robert

Hey Rob I checked out the SOGs you had on the blog. Definitely fakes. Lots of Chinese knock-offs floating around on the 'bay.

If you could do a Google search (for pictures even) before you commit money to buy, you would quickly find out whether you're getting the real deal.

Better luck next time. ;)

Not sure if the pic will show. I have two Stingrays. The kraton was wearing badly, so I replaced the scales, one with blue and black G-10, one with black stuff called tex-tuff (like G-10).

Thanks! The scales are held on with epoxy, although the blue one has holes for screws just in case. So far, so good, though.

Latest status of the SOG collection:

DSCF7279.JPG

And here are a couple pictures of my most recent addition (bought it yesterday!):

DSCF7281.JPG

DSCF7282.JPG

Socintel, so good to see you back on here.

Those are very nice looking knives. I often show a link to your Night Vision review/pics, the best I ever saw !

Robbie Roberson.

So after a few years of heavy use (including hurricane cleanup!) my Seki Japan made SEAL Pup and Tigershark were starting to show some serious wear. I decided to remove the stock grey epoxy coating and give the knives a more brushed-metal appearance. Not 100% done yet, but I'm liking the results!

dscf7306i.jpg

dscf7307f.jpg

dscf7308.jpg

dscf7309o.jpg

dscf7310c.jpg

I know the Jungle Primitive is not a top line SOG.
But I just needed something affordable around the campsite or hiking
that wasn't quite a Machete, but bigger than My K-Bar or Gerber Profile.
I did the Paracord wrap with a toggle for an adjustable lanyard

My SOG Jungle Primitive up Camping
2011-06-11_19-33-03_511.jpg
[/IM

One of the Paramedics at the station asked for something to cut His steak. I Figured this would work just fine :D
So.jpg

This is a s13, not a s21. This is the original polished version. No one has posted a picture of this blade yet (mostly s21's) PLEASE contact me and sell me one!

govt%20main.jpg

I have one of these. I was actually looking through the thread to find one cause I wasn't sure which model specifically. I knew it was a gov't model but not more than that. I have been trying to decide whether or not to keep it...thoughts?

This is my latest, a SOG 1 Bowie from the good old days.

GEDC2005.jpg

GEDC2007.jpg

GEDC2008.jpg

GEDC2009.jpg

GEDC2010.jpg

GEDC2011.jpg

GEDC2013.jpg

GEDC2014.jpg

GEDC2015.jpg

GEDC2016.jpg

Information from http://www.sogknivescollectors.com;

The S1 Bowie is the flagship model of SOG Specialty Knives Inc, the first knife design to roll off their production line.
It is modelled after the exact knife that the brave men of MACVSOG used while in Vietnam for covert recon operations.
This knife is gun-blued to a shiny hue; making it a very pretty knife indeed.
Many praise it for its beautiful gun-bluing and the use of high quality SK-5 steel, and is considered to be one of the more collectible Seki Japan SOG Knives.
The S1 Bowie is commonly known by some as the "5th Special Forces knife", but it was actually called the "SOG Bowie" by SOG.

Engraved on the left front of the blade near the cross-guard is the old "square SOG logo", while on the other side of the knife just directly above the guard reads "Seki Japan".
In front of that engraving is the "MACVSOG" Special Forces logo, and further down the blade in the middle of the knife reads "Vietnam 5th Special Forces Group".
The knife features a leather handle and a classic 'faceted tip', that is the signature feature of the current SOG Bowie knives made today.
Most of the current SOG knives follow the form/design of the S1 Bowie.
The modern versions which use different materials include the S1T, Super SOG Bowie and SOG Bowie 2.0.

Specs:

Overall length: 28,0 cm (10.75 inch)
Blade length: 16,1 cm (6.25 inch)
Steel: SK-5 Carbon steel
Hardness: 57-58 HRC
Blade finish: Deep gun blue (hot blued)
Weight: 340 grams (12.3 oz.)
Edge: Plain Edge
Blade thickness: 7,0 mm max.
Handle material: epoxied stacked leather with blued steel guard & pommel
Country of origin: Japan
Part #: S1

Rarity Details:

Last Known MSRP: $<.>
Production dates: 1986 - 2005
Production numbers: 10,000 - 15,000
Limited run?: First 750 or 1000 knives were serialized
Other things of interest: It's the first model off the SOG production line.
Rarity index: 8.5/10 (10 being the most rare)

Rarity index scale (1 to 10, 10 being the most rare):

1 - Very common; easily available on ebay, google product search and almost every knife selling website. Spammed with at least 10+ listings on ebay.
3 - Has been around for at least 2 years and are selling reasonably well, with retailers favouring other newer models over this knife.
5 - Knives that are on the borderline of being discontinued or have been discontinued for less than 6 months
6 - Products from 6 onwards are either discontinued or limited edition.
7 - Discontinued knives that pop up once every few months on the "For Sale" part of forums or on ebay. Still can be found at a few online shops though.
8 - Knives that need lots of researching to find. Not available anymore in online knife shops and pop up (if you're lucky) >4 months for one at a time.
9 - Knives holding this rarity are the shadowy kind. You can't find any information on them at all (not even from online knife shops that have not taken down that knife's product page). If you see one for sale grab at all cost.
10 - The rarest of all knives. If you hadn't been here you wouldn't even have known that it existed. Should you have one of these you better lock it up in a triple-combination safe and treat it like a family heirloom...

Back