Pikal Parer

I have the steel for it - just need to finalize this prototype design and get 'er done.

Depending on cost and handle colors/options, I may get two of them.

I like it! I would be interested in the pass around, and one or maybe two of them needs to find their way to my house lol.

Well, I still like mine. But it is a little different, Talonite and stabilized cork.

Last edited:
It is too bad this idea went silent, I had hoped that I would finally be able to buy one of these. I can see this as being very useful under a variety of circumstances.

oops...forgot to update. Still working on a prototype. Have some orders to clear out first and then I can spend time on prototypes. Give me a few more weeks and I'll update it. I have it right here in front of my computer and see it everyday. :D

Great news!

Of all of your great designs, I like this one the best. A robust version would have many uses.

I am definitely using a high-wear-resistance stainless steel. Probably S30V or S35V or similar.

Have you considered offering a cheaper steel as an alternative? Not sure I need s30v in the kitchen.

S30V is perfect for everyday kitchen use. Edge lasts a long time and doesn't need sharpening as much.

That said, I will definitely consider 13c26 as an option. Decent wear-resistance, takes a nice keen edge, good stainless steel.

Dan

I'd love one in s35v ;)

Thanks for the update Mr. K.

I can see using this as a general purpose utility knife, and as such it would get alot of use, so ease of resharpening would be helpful...

Back