Pm2 Alternative suggestions

I have some knife money burning a hole in my pocket.... My original plan was to buy a DLC PM2, but I would like to hear any suggestions/alternatives in that price range. I own a Sage, a Manix LW, and a 940-2.

Since you have a few folders, I would actually suggest a smaller custom edc fixed blade.

Does it have to be a folder?

A ZT flipper is missing from your collection. If you prefer a small one, look at ZT 0452 (several variants available). Otherwise, ZT 0562 and ZT 0801 are always excellent cjoices of 3.5" blade.

This thread coincides with a recent discovery of mine.
The Cold Steel American Lawman compares very favorably with the PM2 for edc. If you re looking for a dlc blade tough as nails for its light weight, consider the Lawman. Currently on sale for a terrific price at a major online retailer.

I will second the ZT 0562 and 0801ti if you dont mind the extra weight. You have spyderco and benchmade. Try a ZT 3.5" titanium framelock

There is a preorder for the SR-11 up with aluminum or Ti slabs, Ano'd or Natural at Collectorknives.

Last edited:
Go for 0562 ;)
IMG_20170517_193033_262.jpg

I second going for the little fixed blade. I thought the whole idea of EDC'ing a fixed blade was pretty dumb until this week when I did it.

I have a Para 2 in camo g10 , and find it a bit too big.

I now have a Wolfspyder from Ray Mears , bought in UK .
A scandi , locker in S30v , and a blade less than 3" It is also less wide than the para2 , and fits in trouser pockets just fine..
Love it !!

The ZT 0770CF is an excellent flipper; very solidly built, with grip to fit smaller to medium-sized hands. A little too short for my LARGE hand-size.

Back