polishing bronze washers

i just got my sage 2 last week and i herd there is a way to polish the washers.could someone please explain this to me.I am new to knife collecting. thanks semper fi

Yep, just follow jdavis' YouTube video. I sometimes start with 1500, then go to 2000 and strop it good. I do this to lots of knives and it make them a lot smoother. Especially Sebenza's (since they have the pivot bushing) and it's crazy how much smoother it makes them, considering how smooth they are to begin with.

I did a blade swap with two of my Para 2's a while back. I polished the washers by pushing them around with my finger tip on a piece of cardboard in a dab of Flitz. Worked great for me.

Probably, just email the company and state that your washers are cracked or something(?). But you should have no problems if you do it very lightly. You just have to make them smooth, just remember to not apply very much pressure at all. I did this on another knife today with no problems. Good luck.

Spyderco doesn't sell parts other than clips and screws. Also voids the warranty.

dammmn. I suppose going straight to polish cant take off enough to mess up anything. I have 2 enduras, one feels amazing and the other just doesnt. The smooth ones saber the others FFG, you think that makes a difference?

Man you guys are hardcore, I just use a couple Q-tips and some Flitz metal polish and use the Q-tips to work it in really well and then a rag to wipe/buff the washers clean and smooth. It's worked well for me.

I carefully polished mine on my strop block with green compound and that worked great and only took like 2 minutes.. I would stay away from sand paper since bronze is such a soft metal. I'm sure Mothers aluminum/mag wheel polish or similar would work well also. just be careful not to bend them when you start buffing them.

+1 on the strop with green compound. I did this on my Sebenza bushings and gave them a mirror finish. Rub in circles with gentle pressure so you don't bend them.

Blue Magic will work for polishing. Most people bring up Flitz, haven't bought any yet and trying to use up my supply of mothers polish and it works great.

The easy way to polish bronze washers is to put a washer on your finger tip. Polish the surface with a Spyderco extra fine Sharpmaker prism. You don't have to shine the whole surface. 50% is fine. Do the side of the washer that touches the blade. Repeat on the other washer. I use them without lube.

Apparently "Integrity is being good, even when no one is watching." isn't your credo. :(

It was a thought off the top of my head. If something happened to mine, I'd rather buy them. But, if you wanna question my integrity, that's cool, I don't care about your opinion.

I use the felt polishing wheel on my Demel and whatever polish I have on hand. Just hold down the washer on the counter and polish one side at a time. Flip and repeat. It works great and only takes a couple minutes.

Back