polishing bronze washers

I haven't had great luck polishing my washers, seems rougher at first until it wears back in a little. However, I was not careful to put the washers back in the same orientation so that could have been most of my problem.

You dont have to make up a story with Spyderco. Just tell them your situation and they will help you. I know this from direct experience. Great CS.

Per my experience, Spyderco does not routinely stock parts for their knives. If it's not US-made, they will be even less likely to have parts for a knife. So whether or not they would have your washer available would be a crap shoot. Things like clips that are expected to be goobered up, you can usually get through the mail for most of their knives. If the washers are a standard size across different knives, like screws, they may have them.

I take a piece of paper, load it with stropping compound, and place it on a sheet of glass or small mirror (very flat reference surface). I place my finger on top of the washer's I.D. and push it around the paper in circles. Use light pressure. Do fast small circles while slowly making a larger circle, if you can picture that. Doesn't take long to knock down the burrs and put a nice shine on it.

Back