• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

POLL: SURVIVE! EDC-4 Preorder Promotion. Would you participate?

Would you participate in a EDC-4 Preorder promotion?

• No thanks, not for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would buy one!

• Yes, I would buy two!

• Yes, I would buy three!

• I need Christmas gifts. Sign me up for four!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GSO 4.1 arrived today! Great job Guy! thank you for the amazing knife and the great price!! Order number 232 Brown kydex, natural micarta incase anyones curious :p

We like pics! :D

Supposed to have my M390 with orange handles here tomorrow!

This message was sent to you at the request of Survive Knives to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Survive Knives directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 12-April-2013

Notification received today with estimated delivery on April 15. Order number was 327: CPM 3V, Black handles without a sheath. Can't wait!

whole bunch of fantastic posts the last couple pages.

i'm way at the end of the second pre-order if i remember correctly, so i'll be a while yet. but i like how this thread is trending. lots o' knives and shipping notices :) :) :)

got mine today. i made a quick video which is currently uploading

wdw.jpg

IMG_20130409_145217_212.jpg

IMG_20130409_111219_761.jpg

mine as marks from the jimping file job.
and it also can with rust in the jimping grooves.
and lots of machining marks on the spine of the knife.

doesnt bother my too much because it will be used but the rust kinda bothers me a little, nothing a file wont take car of i guess
IMG_20130409_111226_774.jpg

Last edited:
I am not here to start an argument and I don't have any anger. I never met Guy but I consider him an honorable man. He is giving us a tremendous knife for a great price and I am very thankful. I knew this was a pre-order when I submitted my order and my oldest son returned to Iraq without his Christmas present, so I could be angry but I'm not. Guy is a one man operation and he has done the best he can do. He explained he received more pre-orders than he anticipated but he is doing the best he can and I am thankful for it. I am a working man and this pre-order enabled me to get both of my sons a fine knife at a price I could afford. I am not about to complain because this took longer than expected. Guy will take care of us and you should contact him directly instead of complaining to the knife community about an issue with your knife.

Was going to post pretty much the same response, but you summed it up nicely. Orders are coming out as fast as possible, he's starting a new business. He's probably filling orders as they are completed, not by order #. Also, you can't touch this deal, anywhere, for the price. I for one, would not mind a few small rust spots (hell, my Paramilitary 2 had some), or needing to work on the edge a bit.

mine as marks from the jimping file job.
and it also can with rust in the jimping grooves.
and lots of machining marks on the spine of the knife.

doesnt bother my too much because it will be used but the rust kinda bothers me a little, nothing a file wont take car of i guess
IMG_20130409_111226_774.jpg

I saw that on one of my other knives several years ago, a brand new Landi in 154CM. I actually think it's heat treat scale/residue, not rust. Either way it's unsightly.

I got mine today. Overall fine quality...blade is nice and sharp, grind lines are clean, tumbled finish is really sharp, bow drill divot is nice touch, but a few things I noticed:

-they kydex has the slightest wiggle to it, which is a pet peeve of mine
-Scales are not flush where the pinky and ring finger lie

I think these little things and all the delays are to be expected as he starts off the business. Busse had many of the same things going on when I first ordered from them in the late 90s. Could barely get through to order, and even after I did, I had no idea when my knife was going to arrive.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I emailed Guy last week (or the week before...I'd have to check the email) and asked if I could switch my m390 to 3v if there was any 3v extras. He relied right away saying it was done, but sure enough, I got m390, which is a bummer. Guess it's time to make a trade thread

Last edited:
I saw that on one of my other knives several years ago, a brand new Landi in 154CM. I actually think it's heat treat scale/residue, not rust. Either way it's unsightly.

that could totally be the reason, i have never experienced it though. but already with a little file work they are all cleaned up.

I actually think it's heat treat scale/residue, not rust. Either way it's unsightly.

It isn't rust, just scale. Most coated knives have this all over underneath the coating. Guy cuts a few finish corners to keep the price down. :thumbup:

000_0207.JPG

I'll post a detailed review as I did for the GSO-10 as soon as I get a chance, comparing this one to a few similar knives including BRKT Bravo1, SRKW HRLM.

M390. Arrived extremely sharp! Great fitting sheath! Can't wait for the GSO 3.5!

With some friends. Smaller than the S1, but a tad larger than the F1.

One thing though, I need this to work with a firesteel and just by feeling the spine corners, I'm not thinking this is going to happen as they are quite rounded. Any suggestion for this Guy? Thanks! Beautiful knife and so glad I was able to be part of this pre-order!

One thing though, I need this to work with a firesteel and just by feeling the spine corners, I'm not thinking this is going to happen as they are quite rounded. Any suggestion for this Guy? Thanks! Beautiful knife and so glad I was able to be part of this pre-order!

I took some time with a metal file and diamond stone. I was able to sharpen the forward jimping. It throws crazy sparks now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back