Post counts on HI.... Should we have a commemorative khukuri?

We've got 2 different concepts going here: commerative khuk for the 200K forum post count (Yvsa's original idea) and the idea of rewarding people for individual post counts.

The commerative khuk would definitely be paid for. It's kind of like the Y2K commerative that Bill had done.

My comments were only directed at the individual post count idea.

Ummm....I could be wrong, but I think Ysva was talking about making a khuk to celebrate the whole forum reaching 200,00 posts--like a "10 year anniverery" in some other medium. While that's cheesy to my mind (hey, I still read books on paper), it could add to the ethos of the forum.

I agree that rewarding those individuals with high post counts is a bad idea. ...or low post counts for that matter ;)

bismark77 said:
Ummm....I could be wrong, but I think Ysva was talking about making a khuk to celebrate the whole forum reaching 200,00 posts--like a "10 year anniverery" in some other medium.

Yep, that's what I had in mind. And anyone getting one would definitely be required to pay for it, actually a pre-pay would be the only way because way too often HI gets stuck with something someone said they wanted and then when it came down to the wire, they were flat broke, their kids need braces, or something else.:(

And if we should happen to choose on it would need to be a small one, something like the CBKC khukuri that was done a long while back by Uncle Bill.
That way everyone could probably afford one if they wanted. Shucks, even a nice little Biltong would be fitting IMO.:thumbup:

And as far as individual post count, not on yer life! Way too many problems connected with that.:grumpy: :thumbdn:

Yuh nSuh?

How about...

at 200,000 posts, we ask to have a "Rusty" commemorative blade, instead of commemorating cyberposts on a bladeforum?

It need not be a huge blade, certainly not over 5'4" tall, but something that incorporates honesty, utility, intelligence in design, and respect.

Maybe a sgain dhu? There seems to be some interest in that form.

A "Rusty 200K" blade?

justathought.

Kismet said:
Yuh nSuh?

How about...

at 200,000 posts, we ask to have a "Rusty" commemorative blade, instead of commemorating cyberposts on a bladeforum?

It need not be a huge blade, certainly not over 5'4" tall, but something that incorporates honesty, utility, intelligence in design, and respect.

Maybe a sgain dhu? There seems to be some interest in that form.

A "Rusty 200K" blade?

justathought.

Kis my friend that is just one helluva *Great Idea!!!!*:thumbup: :cool: :D

All right guys, and gals, what do y'all think about a Rusty 200K Skeen Doo?!?!?!?
I hereby nominate Sarge to make a model if he will consent to doing so since he has a few under his belt already.
It can be a wooden one. What say Sarge, would you be up for that? ;)

It would be doubly nice if we could get some really nice grained wood on them for handles, preferably a dark wood as I think that's original isn't it Sarge? :confused:

Of course this would end up being Yangdu's final decision, what say Miss Yangdu, would this be possible?

Yvsa said:
All right guys, and gals, what do y'all think about a Rusty 200K Skeen Doo?!?!?!?
I hereby nominate Sarge to make a model if he will consent to doing so since he has a few under his belt already.

Abso-freakin-lutely:D::thumbup:! Great idea, Yvsa! Great idea, Kis!:) I don't know if it's the thrird cup of coffee euphoria, but i am excited about this and 100% on board.
Honors a milestone number, (most importantly) honors a one of greatest men, and I love the idea of having a master-in-the-works like Sarge come up with the model design.
This place just goes to show you that for great wisdom as one has to do is listen.:D:thumbup:

What say the rest of ye?
Jake

Yvsa said:

It would be doubly nice if we could get some really nice grained wood on them for handles, preferably a dark wood as I think that's original isn't it Sarge? :confused:

Of course this would end up being Yangdu's final decision, what say Miss Yangdu, would this be possible?

Aye!

A splended thing that would be. Do we have a picture of Rusty anywere?

And earmark a blem for me:D

Rusty was a blem himself...I think these should all be the same price to reflect the honor of that.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I especially look forward to the general confusion among newer folks that will result when the 'rusty knives' arrive.

"Rusty 200K Skeen Doo?!?!?!?"

Count me in, too. :thumbup:

Though he SHOULD have a commemorative 250 rnd. drum magazine...

Ad Astra

munk said:
Aardvark has a point.

munk

Yep; I think Munk has a point about Aardvark having a point! :D

Seriously, it's a neat idea to have a commemorative knife to celebrate that milestone in Cantina history when it comes, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

I think we should just keep the knives we have coming and maybe just celebrate it somehow at the upcoming Reno get together.

Norm

P.S. Guess I should read the rest of the thread! Kis that is a great idea! Count me in for sure. Great suggestion Yvsa, and look what we (well Kismet anyway!) came up with. :thumbup:

Kazeryu said:
Sounds like an interesting idea. I especially look forward to the general confusion among newer folks that will result when the 'rusty knives' arrive.

Good point! What about the "Slate Skean Dhu" then? Hope this works out. It would be nice to have memorial knives not only for Uncle Bill but Rusty as well, and the 200,000th post is just gravy on the whole thing.

Norm

Nasty said:
Rusty was a blem himself...I think these should all be the same price to reflect the honor of that.

Well, I guess we're all blems in one way or another (?), but the point is well taken. Also makes all the transactions easier and eliminates any confusion on the matter.

I'll be interested in seeing the design and learning about them, and hearing what the estimated length/weight will be. Don't know much about this knife.

Just read another thread and John was saying it should have a guard, so that's something to consider...

Norm

You could go for an antler or horn handel,though I'm more for wood you might drive the poor Kamis less crazy that way! :D

Of course you may wind up with a 4-4 1/2 by 1/4 thick Skean Dhu!! :eek: I'd buy that mess up antler handel or no! :D

Back