Post photographs

ATTENTION JULY 2017 -
We have suggested people new to BladeForums use the free service PhotoBucket.
Their service now requires the payment of fees and essentially is not free. You must pay the fee in order to post a photo on the Buck Forum if you wish to go that route. Some folks need some way to save photos long term because they use their phones or tabs to take and store them. If new info is made available we will update this thread.
Until then be aware that PhotoBucket is now a pay as you go service. Also Blade Forums changed their servers recently (2017) and photo posting may be different than what is posted in this thread. Once the PhotoBucket issue has settled down a re-working of this thread will occur. The PhotoBucket issue is not settled. Some have quit the service, some still utilize it, many have gone on to other service sites. If you are beginning to learn to post photos you can read this thread for info but go to the the "Make this the last word" thread for further explanation on the PhotoBucket protests. And to here the forums gripes.......300Bucks

Last edited:
Deleted, as I said I would if someone else would post.

Last edited:
How I have to do it, in order to post a photo.
1) Once you take the picture and download it to your PC. Move your photo from your computer to a hosting site. ex. Photo-Bucket. Now, your creating a library with photos stored there. Sometimes you have to try several times for the transfer to take.
1a) You may have to change the pixel numbers for the photo to fit in some sites. Another pain. Which requires taking the photo to another site. I use 'Paint brush'.
2) Go to your library. Left click on the photo. This isolates the photo with a menu on the right-hand side. Go to the bottom of this menu and left click the bottom frame. The word copy will briefly appear.
3) You now have the desired photo on your browser.
4) Now go to BladeForums and load the site. Then onto the desired Forum and the topic.
5) Type your response, space one line down, leaving a full blank line for space to load your photo. With the blinking curser at the far left margin position the arrow near that and right click. A menu now comes up. On that menu go down to 'paste' and click that. The photo code should appear. Now you have it in there.
It's a tedious pain for the first 10 times or so. After that it gets easier. DM

In addition...

If you use your smartphone to take photos.
Use a higher resolution setting on the camera when taking photos. It doesn't have to be the highest, but definately not the lowest.
(I like 6M)
Download the photobucket app (application)
Upload the photos to photobucket right from your smartphone.
I use an Android phone, so the following applies directly to that system.

After you have uploaded the photos to photobucket....
When ready, open the photobucket app, and find your photo.
Tap the photo, then tap the share button (looks like a "<" ), tap the "copy to clipboard option" and then tap the IMG code to copy it.
Then paste that code right into your post here on Bladeforums.

Last edited:
In most cases and especially multiple photos resize it down to 1024 x 768 any bigger and it becomes a nuisance to viewers down loading!

Ti, Nice ideas, can you point a direction where they could be found.

BUT, As I said in the first post lets be careful to show HOW TOs on knife photography posting/knife photography methods/new or improved equipment ONLY. This was and will remain a HOW TO on posting photos on the forum. NOT interested in seeing your animals, flowers, scenic, children, pets, etc. photos. Those are limited to a valid association with knives in a regular thread. And please note the word "Association". Please control yourselfs or I will be forced to be a bad boy moderator..........300

Last edited:
The ipad goose neck is a Hoverbar. The wireless remote is an ASHUTB. I got the remote on the bay and the goose neck at the Apple store. I can give you more specifics with an email. In camera mode, the iphone and ipad shutters can be tripped with the volume switch on Apple earphones (buds).

I bought basic membeship. Can't post pics now?

This is how I do it... I Hope it helps

Try this.... (part one)

When you log into photobucket , almost at the top you'll see...

Library-Browse-Editor-Upload-Print Shop - Search - Cart ...

Click on Library. all your folders will show on the Left Side...

Go to the one that has what your looking for to share...

Click on it and a Bunch of small Pictures will show up in the

middle of your screen... There will be a little Square Box with

a Check in it... (One thing I can say is I keep all my folders

locked... I just don't want everyone to see all my Pictures

Only the ones that I choose to let them see...) That's Just Me...

Okay, click on it (you can click more than just one...) we

will just try one picture first... Now after you click on the Pic

that you wanted to share... There should be a big Blue Bar at

the bottom of the page... You should see the Picture that you

chose on the bottom left side and than you should see next

to it - Print - Link - Delete -Copy - Rotate - Move - Create Book -

( I can only post half at a time... sorry ...)

Here's part two ....

part 2 ...

Order Prints - Cancel ... Now that you see all that at the Bottom...

Click on - Link - a Big Square Box will show up in the middle of

your screen... Now It should say - Copy Links ... With 4 Other

Links to choose from... Click on the Bottom right one, that has

IMG Codes (For Forums, Boards) ... That box will turn yellow

that lets you know that it is now copied... Now just go over to

the Buck Forum and sign in and paste your picture (right click

your mouse to paste) and write something about it...

I always write something first and than paste my picture or pictures...

Now click on the - Go Advanced - and look over what you have to say

and look at your picture to make sure it's the one you want...

Now click on - Submit New Thread ... There you go...

This is how I post on the Buck forum... Good luck...

If this doesn't work email me your phone number and a good time

I can call you and we will try it over the phone... ITE ...

:)

I like bladeforums but I don't post Pics. I tried and was able to get one in and Photobucket kept loading ALL of my pictures which I did not want, I deleted photobucket and I now just look and read. I do post to forums but only ask questions that I would like answered If a picture is needed why can't it be an attachment and not so difficult?

Michael5135

I am no longer able to post pictures from my ipads or iphones using the insert image feature. Either the image won't load or it is taken down immediately with a note saying invalid link. Somebody moved the goal post. I used to post photos all the time. Now I can't. What is going on?

@ tiguy

Are you using the PhotoBucket App or are you using PhotoBucket web site?

I use an iPhone 6 and the PB app and this is how I do it.
If using app, find and click on the photo. If you touch the phot a circle with the letter "i" will be in the bottom left corner. Click that and it brings up the 4 urls to copy.

Hope this helps...

I haven't been using either the Photobucket App or the Photo Bucket web site. I used to copy photos right out of the photo library on my ipad or iphone. The only draw back was that I got a thumb nail sized picture that you had to click on or touch to enlarge depending on whether you had an interactive screen or not.
I am going to try your suggestion using Dropbox.

How about we just forget PhotoBucket and use that little "Upload a File" button just below?
Then you just load it to here directly from your own computer.
Epiphany.
That was easy.
:)

Back