Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

I pretty much blew my "toy" budget for the rest of the year if not more.

I bought a rack for my van (VanTech rack), and a canoe to take out with the family (wife and two small boys 6 and 2).

The Canoe is a Mohawk XL15 white water canoe with wide seats, and a removable hanging center seat.

IMAG0030.jpg

Boys can't wait to take it out.
JackandBobonlawn.jpg

Of course, as soon as the canoe showed up, and I put the rack on the van, the weather turned to crap for the last week or more. Rain and wind.

Finally took the canoe out today!

IMAG0036.jpg

Little Island where the Geese were making a ruckus.
IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

My lovely wife.

IMAG0046.jpg

In the minute it took to hand the phone to the wife, we lost the light. Timed the paddle perfectly to end at sundown.

IMAG0048.jpg

"Dark and Mysterious with a Canoe"
IMAG0049.jpg

The paddles (wife has a Bending Branch Special Bent Shaft Wood Canoe Paddle). I got a Bending Branch Expedition Plus Wood Canoe Paddle (for a steal).

imgp5384.jpg

Got this a few days ago, and will doubtless be using it well into the night on another long training hike tomorrow.
Sucks that I can't use 3.7V nominal R123s(or a battery pack), and it's huge, but it's humble specs and actual performance are two very different things.

In a pawnshop today. Spotted a very lightly used Leatherman Wave...and I do mean lightly. Still has the factory edge on the plain-edge blade. Nylon sheath that appears unused. $18.00 out the door.
Like I needed another multi-tool. Or another Wave---this is number 3...or 4...or...?

Doing some swapping lately.
I just received this WAVE in the mail yesterday, it has the pocket clip and a 154CM blade. Pretty sweet.
I have a couple in the mail..another VIC Farmer, and the Camper, cant wait for those 2. Also, a Delica. Should be a good week.
attachment.php

Tilley outback, size 8 a hat that actually fits, Stanley waterbottle that comes apart to give you a stainless steel cup and a coldsteel pocket bushman

P2120008.jpg

granforstest003.jpg
GB WILDLIFE

granforstest007.jpg

kt20120414001.jpg
Slingshot and paracorad sling from Madison Parker (EIIE), bushctaft knife, Marathon general field watch, helios lights, beewax canvas ammo pouch

100_1853.jpg
my friend made me a leather fishing kit pouch (wallet)

100_1855.jpg
some lead shots, hooks, 2 sizes line and nylon thread.

100_1857.jpg

scored a bunch of orange bic lighters! a convenience store nearby sells them in singles and there's a ton of orange ones (50+)...no more checking out every 5-pack i see in gas stations to see if there's more than one orange for me...i just hate anything that's not black or orange :eek:

orange_bic_lighters.jpg

This beauty from Adam Gray of AA Forge came in today. It's 1/8" thick 1095, 3.5" blade and 4 1/8" handle.

It's a hunter/skinner Adam did with my requested specs for my brother's birthday.
I have to make a nice leather sheath to go with it and it's off to the UP/Michigan.
I have a larger blade from Adam that is awesome, but I REALLY like this one.
I may have to get him to make another one for me!

7086046067_6b19fb2b1f_z.jpg

got some stuff from that " water bottle store " web site
nessmukkit002.jpg

nessmukkit003.jpg
did not get the complete set from them because i have couple sets of brabd new canteen/ cup/stand spare.

nessmukkit005.jpg
pretty cool stove stand

Back