Post your Becker knives pics here

Finished personalizing my first Becker (BK9). Added stainless screws, replaced the original handle scales with the canvas micarta ones from KA-BAR, etc. Close-ups of the handle have the original scale on one side to highlight slight modifications I made to the grip.

exFaAKZ.jpg

nWvKoS4.jpg

GrzJhgl.jpg
Great job with the handle mods.....

I prefer them without the thumb ramps too.

Nice! The SS screws are a must in my opinion. Did you do Nylok nuts too?
The micarta looks darker than normal. I like it!
I see the thumb ramp is gone too.
Good looking knife!
Thanks! No Nylok nuts, but sounds like an easy upgrade for later. Thank you for the suggestion :)

The original micarta color was a bit light for my preference, but a little mineral oil went a long way. I soaked up any excess with a paper towel, and it doesn't leave any residue after handling. Just hope it doesn't collect too much gunk over time!

Y’all are a bunch of enablers.

VAmzhpi.jpg

Seriously, thanks for talking me into the 9. I’ll try and put it to good use the next time a tree falls in our little wood. I haven’t decided yet which grip scales I prefer. I’m working on some sheaths in my spare time, although I’m really just focusing on the 16 for now. What a sweet little knife. :)

Y’all are a bunch of enablers.

VAmzhpi.jpg

Seriously, thanks for talking me into the 9. I’ll try and put it to good use the next time a tree falls in our little wood. I haven’t decided yet which grip scales I prefer. I’m working on some sheaths in my spare time, although I’m really just focusing on the 16 for now. What a sweet little knife. :)
Good start. :thumbsup: Look much better once ya get some user marks on them.

Back