Post your Big Chris knife pics here!!!!!

Obviously not my picture since I stole it form your sale thread, but I love the stacked leather and blue spacers on this Kephart. :thumbup:
IMG_1621.jpg

Chris, I think you are right about the stamp. I like the aggressive cutting nature of CPM S90V and it holds a good working edge for the long term. Great for those who are away for a while without sharpening gear.:thumbup:

The one on top is a BCC Chopper in 3V that I got here on the forums.
~9" blade with a 2 hand handle for extra momentum. Awesome chopper. Haven't gotten to use it much yet, but it's my first Big Chris knife. That's a BK9 at the bottom
F9285324-B007-4844-BB32-6220A47BBBB0_zpsmirf775l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm waiting on a small chef knife from his recent heat treat batch as well.

Here are three I asked Chris to make to my specs, and he did a great job.

First, two inspired by Spyderco fixed blade knives. I'd always like the Street Bowie design, but wanted something even more compact, with just as much blade in a better steel and more utilitarian shape - this is convexed 4mm 4V steel. The idea was to design a multi-use 5" blade in as compact a package as possible for IWB carry.
15495471676_4e4410334f_c.jpg

When Spyderco brought out the Southfork, I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated slicer in a supersteel, but wasn't impressed with the Southfork's price or edge thickness. So, I had Chris make me a 10V trailing point slicer in a bolstered black ash burl handle. I eventually picked up a Southfork anyway when I found one for <$200, and I like it, but its a different knife - more general use than dedicated atom-splitter.
15331740849_0b4266604c_c.jpg

Both knives are superbly balanced and came in compact, no-nonsense sheaths, just as I like.
15515481661_3b99d1abe4_c.jpg

Finally this one was specifically designed to carry as much usable blade as possible within a Saddleback wallet. Its 0.1" s90v, and rather sharp.
15332056537_6559298834_c.jpg

It does fit.
15331741149_05a1e6f064_c.jpg

I've sent Chris a picture of all my Big Chris knives together, which I think he's going to post.

IMG_1429-1.jpg

IMG_1427-1.jpg

A nice collection of Big Chris knives from Brummie.

.... I need this: "BCC Chopper in 3V"

and.. one of those huge bolos :D

Nice group!

So having dug out all the big blades last weekend for that group shot, I just realised that I'd missed one :mad:

I also have this zero convex ground s90v slicer from Chris. It wasn't a planned purchase, he was offering it at a great discount, and I thought it could be a very handy knife for a number of purposes. It's been sitting in my 'to be worked on' drawer, because I wanted to shorted the handle a bit. It's a lot of razor sharp edge in a compact package, but I want to make it a bit more compact. It's pictured here with a Street Bowie (for a sense of the size) and with the 10V slicer (cos that's just purdy).
14943663264_8091a86325_c.jpg

How have I missed all these.. are most of these customs you guys are asking Chris to make?

I pretty much check every posting of his.. though I guess I have discounted buying any lately as prices have gone up with the different steels.. :(

The 3 I posted together were custom orders - my designs. The others I picked up off the Exchange, some from Chris directly, others 2nd hand. That s90v slicer was on sale for less than $200, I think. Seemed like a good deal for a 5.5' s90v blade.

Back