Post your CRK carry knife for today.

yGWlhMV.jpg

Having only owned PJ Sebenzas in the past, I was really on the fence about getting one with inlays. The knife has been sitting by my desk for a week, so when not staring at my computer, I can glance over at my CRK. I think I made the right choice. Now, the stupid fever has hit and I'm considering a large drop point. I generally prefer smaller blades, I have no need to carry a larger folder in my current station in life, but I just want one. I also prefer the look of the 21 over the 31, so I'm a bit tempted.

Now I have to decide if I want a large micarta or to go plain jane. Maybe I should deliberate as long as I can so my wallet does't get too mad at me.

C720F35B-4BB7-4ECD-A7A8-1A5A1EC302CE.jpeg For me the large is the way to go. The small is just a bit too small. Most of my knife use is at work as an electrician and the large just works better for me. They get used quite often. As far as plain to inlay I prefer plain handle on Sebenzas and I lay version on the Inkosi. I know it may sound odd but that’s just the way my hand likes them. I don’t feel the finger grooves as much on an Inlay Inkosi compared to a plain handle which for me is a plus
yGWlhMV.jpg

Having only owned PJ Sebenzas in the past, I was really on the fence about getting one with inlays. The knife has been sitting by my desk for a week, so when not staring at my computer, I can glance over at my CRK. I think I made the right choice. Now, the stupid fever has hit and I'm considering a large drop point. I generally prefer smaller blades, I have no need to carry a larger folder in my current station in life, but I just want one. I also prefer the look of the 21 over the 31, so I'm a bit tempted.

Now I have to decide if I want a large micarta or to go plain jane. Maybe I should deliberate as long as I can so my wallet does't get too mad at me.

View attachment 1185945 For me the large is the way to go. The small is just a bit too small. Most of my knife use is at work as an electrician and the large just works better for me. They get used quite often. As far as plain to inlay I prefer plain handle on Sebenzas and I lay version on the Inkosi. I know it may sound odd but that’s just the way my hand likes them. I don’t feel the finger grooves as much on an Inlay Inkosi compared to a plain handle which for me is a plus

I can see that. I am a teacher, so my cutting tasks are very limited. Posterboard, string, maybe small supplies packages, and fruit during breaks. While I don't hide my knife, I prefer to keep it out of sight. In a previous life I worked in carpentry and home repair, and carried a larger blade, but for most tasks these days, the small Insingo size is big enough for everything I've needed a blade for.

On a side note, I had a bartending accident a decade ago, cut off my right thumb pad (which was later re-attached) and have lost most feeling on the fingerprint/pad area. For that reason, I don't feel much of the micarta. I think I appreciate the modest increase in handle thickness though. I have larger palms and normal length fingers. Fortunately, I just bought back my first Sebenza that I sold in 2012, a small PJ Insingo, so I'll have both the PJ and micarta models. I'm still curious about a large model though. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Here's my first sebenza that'll be returning back to me soon. After all, it is a picture thread.

NYnVtRT.jpg

I can see that. I am a teacher, so my cutting tasks are very limited. Posterboard, string, maybe small supplies packages, and fruit during breaks. While I don't hide my knife, I prefer to keep it out of sight. In a previous life I worked in carpentry and home repair, and carried a larger blade, but for most tasks these days, the small Insingo size is big enough for everything I've needed a blade for.

On a side note, I had a bartending accident a decade ago, cut off my right thumb pad (which was later re-attached) and have lost most feeling on the fingerprint/pad area. For that reason, I don't feel much of the micarta. I think I appreciate the modest increase in handle thickness though. I have larger palms and normal length fingers. Fortunately, I just bought back my first Sebenza that I sold in 2012, a small PJ Insingo, so I'll have both the PJ and micarta models. I'm still curious about a large model though. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Here's my first sebenza that'll be returning back to me soon. After all, it is a picture thread.

NYnVtRT.jpg

I own two large 21’s with inlays. Insingo and one drop point, both black micarta. I don’t dislike them but in the 21 the plain is just my preference. They both still get used and carried. I have a large Starbenza Insingo that i like a lot as well. I don’t have huge hands and usually a large glove size will do it.
As far as your thumb accident almost 12-13 years ago I had an accident at work with a fluorescent fixture dropping and slicing my right thumb pad as well. Had 13 stitches and still have a large bump of scar tissue on the pad where it never really grew back the same.
I do own a small 21 with micarta. It is usually my carry when I am not at work. I have carried it at work and will handle most tasks. Just prefer large

2BC3AEE6-3895-4541-922F-BDDEF12BCA89.jpeg

I own two large 21’s with inlays. Insingo and one drop point, both black micarta. I don’t dislike them but in the 21 the plain is just my preference. They both still get used and carried. I have a large Starbenza Insingo that i like a lot as well. I don’t have huge hands and usually a large glove size will do it.
As far as your thumb accident almost 12-13 years ago I had an accident at work with a fluorescent fixture dropping and slicing my right thumb pad as well. Had 13 stitches and still have a large bump of scar tissue on the pad where it never really grew back the same.
I do own a small 21 with micarta. It is usually my carry when I am not at work. I have carried it at work and will handle most tasks. Just prefer large

View attachment 1185973

Just about the same with the thumb accident. I don't recall exactly how many stitches I got, but it was in the teens. I use the top of my thumbnail to open my Sebenza because the little stud actually digs in enough to cause pain. I still get shooting pains in my thumb after all this time if I whack it at an odd angle.

So you have 4 large Sebenzas? Yeah, that's a nice round number. If I was using the knife regularly doing longer cutting tasks, I would opt for a bigger handle. The small is fine for a quick cut or chopping up some fruit. I wouldn't care to really use my small any long length of time. I think I need at least one to get the full "like-a-vault-pneumatic-smooth-sebenza-smooth-standard-by-which-all-are-measured-like-glass-sweet-crk-victory" experience. I'm guessing that deeply satisfying click of the small sebenza locking up is only better coming from a large.

Obligatory photo:

I3wk97C.jpg

Just about the same with the thumb accident. I don't recall exactly how many stitches I got, but it was in the teens. I use the top of my thumbnail to open my Sebenza because the little stud actually digs in enough to cause pain. I still get shooting pains in my thumb after all this time if I whack it at an odd angle.

So you have 4 large Sebenzas? Yeah, that's a nice round number. If I was using the knife regularly doing longer cutting tasks, I would opt for a bigger handle. The small is fine for a quick cut or chopping up some fruit. I wouldn't care to really use my small any long length of time. I think I need at least one to get the full "like-a-vault-pneumatic-smooth-sebenza-smooth-standard-by-which-all-are-measured-like-glass-sweet-crk-victory" experience. I'm guessing that deeply satisfying click of the small sebenza locking up is only better coming from a large.

Obligatory photo:

I3wk97C.jpg

As a lefty I don’t have to open with my right thumb so I lucked out there and not much pain at any others times as well. Well I actually have seven large 21’s ha. The double click from the large is pretty satisfying. I feel as if I get more for my money with the large as well. At times it’s hard for me to justify the $475 for the small but I can justify the $550 for the large with no problem.

CECFA7E4-AE62-4D5E-B2B8-09BC49ED7BC9.jpeg

Attachments

• A74CEBB8-841A-4C3C-87F3-37CA8596BD61.jpeg
    A74CEBB8-841A-4C3C-87F3-37CA8596BD61.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 2
As a lefty I don’t have to open with my right thumb so I lucked out there and not much pain at any others times as well. Well I actually have seven large 21’s ha. The double click from the large is pretty satisfying. I feel as if I get more for my money with the large as well. At times it’s hard for me to justify the $475 for the small but I can justify the $550 for the large with no problem.

View attachment 1186050

I suppose a large sebenza would be even better at holding my books open. I guess that settles it.

IMG_0095.jpeg

View attachment 1186320 Sounds like you’ve got it figured out. Hope the search goes well and you enjoy it. And if you don’t like it at least there’s no unknowns bothering you

Now I have two small Insingos and want to add a DP to the collection. Wondering if a DP Large or Insingo Large would be the best...I see you're a bit biased towards the Insingo.

IMG_0104.jpeg

yGWlhMV.jpg

Let me be your voice of reason, just do it, get a large ;), you’ll find a reason to justify it. The reason you haven’t yet is because you don’t own one yet. Have a little variety and go with a drop point with micarta inlays. Why, because the micarta does give you a little more grip.

Let me be your voice of reason, just do it, get a large ;), you’ll find a reason to justify it. The reason you haven’t yet is because you don’t own one yet. Have a little variety and go with a drop point with micarta inlays. Why, because the micarta does give you a little more grip.

Thanks for the little push. I've found reasons to justify it, for sure. I would definitely like the drop point, and feel that my small drop point, a long time ago, wasn't as useful as I've found the small Insingo these days. But, I'd like a large DP. I have been looking at my small micarta and thinking about whether I'd want the same look as a larger version.. or just go with a classic lines of a pj. Also much prefer the 2 piece inlays and the milling hole on the 21 vs the 31. It adds just a little touch of character, especially the little countersunk milling detail in that hole.

Thanks for the little push. I've found reasons to justify it, for sure. I would definitely like the drop point, and feel that my small drop point, a long time ago, wasn't as useful as I've found the small Insingo these days. But, I'd like a large DP. I have been looking at my small micarta and thinking about whether I'd want the same look as a larger version.. or just go with a classic lines of a pj. Also much prefer the 2 piece inlays and the milling hole on the 21 vs the 31. It adds just a little touch of character, especially the little countersunk milling detail in that hole.

My first large purchase was a plain 21 large drop point. Then I went to the Insingo and fell in love. I purchased nothing but Insingo after that. Then I went back to my drop point and purchased a few more of them. Up until last few weeks I have primarily carried and used my drop points. As ajack60 said variety is nice. I like to change it up and depending on the type of work I’m doing I know which blade shape is going to be better. I even edc a large 21 Tanto. Been debating on a large Inkosi Tanto inlay. If I had to choose one shape as my end all be all it would be between Insingo and DP but I think I’d go with the drop point inlay. 834E38D0-D5E1-4E1D-9780-6EB926425011.jpeg

My first large purchase was a plain 21 large drop point. Then I went to the Insingo and fell in love. I purchased nothing but Insingo after that. Then I went back to my drop point and purchased a few more of them. Up until last few weeks I have primarily carried and used my drop points. As ajack60 said variety is nice. I like to change it up and depending on the type of work I’m doing I know which blade shape is going to be better. I even edc a large 21 Tanto. Been debating on a large Inkosi Tanto inlay. If I had to choose one shape as my end all be all it would be between Insingo and DP but I think I’d go with the drop point inlay. View attachment 1186471

I just spent some time in the internets looking at various larges and I think I'm going to go with a pj large drop point. The micarta and inlays are nice, but I like the simplicity of plain. Time to hang out in the exchange...

IMG_0077.jpeg

I just spent some time in the internets looking at various larges and I think I'm going to go with a pj large drop point. The micarta and inlays are nice, but I like the simplicity of plain. Time to hang out in the exchange...

View attachment 1186477
Nothing wrong with that at all. There is something special about the elegant simplicity of the plain. They age and wear nicely as well. Good luck

Back