Post your CRK carry knife for today.

494QOGf.jpg

Nice looking tool you have there. The handle says it's got some use and the thumb stud has some nice wear. The tip of the blade looks worn also. I assume it's been sharpened several times at least. If so, CRK did a bummer of a job on that sharpening. At the top of the bevel near the middle you see what appears to be factory grind marks. At the bottom of the bevel by the heel you can see it was over ground. All of mine have had this to some degree and I leave a little after the first sharpening. It's just looks and they eventually sharpen out. Surprised to see them on a knife that looks so well used.

Also, what is that background?

H
Nice looking tool you have there. The handle says it's got some use and the thumb stud has some nice wear. The tip of the blade looks worn also. I assume it's been sharpened several times at least. If so, CRK did a bummer of a job on that sharpening. At the top of the bevel near the middle you see what appears to be factory grind marks. At the bottom of the bevel by the heel you can see it was over ground. All of mine have had this to some degree and I leave a little after the first sharpening. It's just looks and they eventually sharpen out. Surprised to see them on a knife that looks so well used.

Also, what is that background?

Hi, interesting observation, it's a sml that gets carried and used offten, It's been reprofiled to 20deg each side, yeah the tip gets hammered but also the factory lighting at work does the pic no favors. the factory grind marks you observed are more than likely caused by me being a numpty somewhere along the line. I've had all my CKR's reprofiled, I've found in my very very limited handling of CKR's their factory grind are pretty ordinary.
The benchtop has had years of people cutting corregated card on it with snap off craft knives, an interesting back drop.

Kris,

Here's a better pic,

8Oym08K.jpg

Back