Post your examples of "Reputation Point Abuse"

Just a quick question about Rep Points.

The faq says:
What does a gray (blue, purple) square mean?

A gray square, which might look blue or purple if your monitor isn't calibrated very well (you might want to adjust that) means somebody tried to rate your post but the system wouldn't let him. That could be because he rated another post of yours recently, or because he's been running around humping everybody's leg like an overexcited weiner dog, or because his own rating is so negative the system figures nobody cares what he thinks of their posts.

There is no way to tell whether he intended to give your post a positive or negative rating; the system stopped him before he got that far.

So my question is could you give someone a whole bunch of grays by doing the dog hump thing? :confused:

just wondering,

oil

Edit: Gig, could you feel me on your leg? I got one point in and then tried to rate a couple more of your posts. It never did tell me to knock it off. POS. :D

OilMan said:
And for the record I don't necessarily agree with the rep system and I also like Cliff Stamp. :eek:

oil
I think you can get therapy for that.

;)

[Just kidding .. just kidding ...]

geothorn said:
I get the impression that some folks don't think that there's any abuse occuring through the BladeForums' Reputation Point system. I think that they perhaps are ignoring it, or assuming that it doesn't happen because it's never happened to them, or something.
Hey genius, you do realize that this is all recreational fun and foolishness don't you??? I wish my life was so uncomplicated that I could actually find time to worry about something so trivial and meaningless as rep points. Good grief you must be a stone idiot!! Go away please. :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

OilMan,

say it aint so!!!!

:(

im not whoring per se...

I am asking people to be generous!

and trying to be fun and funny for everyones sake in this silly argument over NOTHING!

GigOne "bloo" me last night in a blue ford at the drive in.

but dont tell anyone!

:eek: :D

Ron,
Like I said, I enjoy your posts with actual subjects and you seem like a friendly person who is knowledgable about knives. I'm not trying to start **** but some of you guys (I'm not singling Ron out, or not trying to anyway) are acting like jackoffs about the rep points and saying they don't mean **** and then pandering for them like YOU gauge your self worth from them. What gets me is the same people who whore are the first ones to tell someone else they are stupid for caring. It just doesn't make sense. :confused: And I'm not saying anything good or bad about the system, just that some people should make up their minds about where they stand in the whole thing.

oil

OilMan said:
Edit: Gig, could you feel me on your leg? I got one point in and then tried to rate a couple more of your posts. It never did tell me to knock it off. POS. :D

I was wondering how I got the indentations around my ankles ! :p :D

LaBella said:
GigOne "bloo" me last night in a blue ford at the drive in.

but dont tell anyone!

You're in Zoo Jersey and I'm in Joe-Ja. :confused:

You must have a very long member. . . . .and what's more interesting. . . .I didn't feel a thing ! :p :D

but some of you guys (I'm not singling Ron out, or not trying to anyway) are acting like jackoffs about the rep points and saying they don't mean **** and then pandering for them like YOU gauge your self worth from them. What gets me is the same people who whore are the first ones to tell someone else they are stupid for caring. It just doesn't make sense. And I'm not saying anything good or bad about the system, just that some people should make up their minds about where they stand in the whole thing.

Well, I for one dont care one way or another about rep points- not that I dont "whore" for them :D But the real point is, they are so easy to get, and thus so utterly meaningless, that it is just humorous distraction.

I didnt care much about rep points when I had 10, and I care even less about them with 200+. If I had 10,000 points, it would be even less important.

The One thing I like about chiclets is reading the snippets that people write along with them. (including red or grey chiclets).

Bottom line: to me, they are there for Sh!ts and giggles. Pure entertainment. :D

OK to roll off on the voices now...

In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice "I didn't want any flippin' chiclets anyways! Garsh!"

By the way, Has anyone ate any chiclets recently. Those things are a terrible excuse for gum. If I remember correctly I really liked to red ones in comparison to the minty saddness of the green ones.

Sorry...I just had to ignore my knives just a little bit more.

*SUPER busy scrubbing rust off of knives now...* :yawn: :D

OilMan said:
Ya but did you get a bunch of grays? Inquiring minds want to know....

oil

Nope.

I received a gray/blue chiclet "06-07-2005 02:50 PM" with "NO COMMENTS" :mad: :D . . . and then a green chiclet "06-07-2005 05:13 PM." And that sucka was signed by someone named. . . .OilMan. :D

orig.jpg

CODE 3 said:
Well, Geothorn, since you say that Spark gave you a red chicklet, and signed it, that pretty well defines his position. So, why are you continuing this diatribe?
Yes, I've been thinking about that red chicklet from Spark.

Unfortunately, since comments that come along with negative dings aren't required to be signed, or, indeed, aren't set-up to include the negative dingers screen name, then I cannot independently verify if Spark actually signed it. Like I can receive an anonymous ding, I daresay that anyone could also sign Spark's name to a negative ding as well. Both anonymity and impersonation are possible.

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
Yes, I've been thinking about that red chicklet from Spark.

Unfortunately, since comments that come along with negative dings aren't required to be signed, or, indeed, aren't set-up to include the negative dingers screen name, then I cannot independently verify if Spark actually signed it. Like I can receive an anonymous ding, I daresay that anyone could also sign Spark's name to a negative ding as well. Both anonymity and impersonation are possible.

GeoThorn
Conspiracy theories are always a fun thing but you can blow this one out of the water immediately. Buy yourself a platinum membership and you can see who ACTUALLY left the comment.

If you're not prepared to do that it's highly unlikely you're going to receive a favourable hearing, to say the least.

My conspiracy theory is that you're doing this simply to annoy as many people as possible for your own strange reasons.

sucks7.jpg

--------------------------

gajinoz said:
Conspiracy theories are always a fun thing but you can blow this one out of the water immediately. Buy yourself a platinum membership and you can see who ACTUALLY left the comment.
Really? If I bought a Platinum membership today, I could see who left me an anonymous ding and comment on May 30th? Sorry, but you're wrong.

Hm, your instructions and the coward's seem the same. :) Do paying BladeForums members always advise giving-in to chickenshit cowards? Sorry, but, if you've followed this thread, you would know that I couldn't disagree more strongly. I'd rather get red chicklets than follow a coward's instructions.

gajinoz said:
If you're not prepared to do that it's highly unlikely you're going to receive a favourable hearing, to say the least.
You are just a wellspring of information. How can you predict that I'm not going to receive a favorable hearing? LOL

gajinoz said:
My conspiracy theory is that you're doing this simply to annoy as many people as possible for your own strange reasons.
If the people that are so annoyed could pull themselves away from this thread, then they would be happier, wouldn't they? You have my leave to go.

When was the last time you gave in to people giving you instructions that run contrary to your thoughts? Often, apparently, because that's what you're asking me to do. I guess that most people like getting pushed around by others' opinions, however, I do not follow that thought process.

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
Really? If I bought a Platinum membership today, I could see who left me an anonymous ding and comment on May 30th? Sorry, but you're wrong.
Can you still see the comment in your user CP? If you can you will be able to see who gave you the ding if you upgrade.

Something I had to learn the hard way, in real life outside of here. DON'T MAKE AN AUSTRALIAN MAD. Just a tip.

This is going to be my last post in this thread because I'm not going to change my tune, and neither, apparently, are the people who are insulting and intimidating me for standing up for myself and my position. I'm sorry that all of you are in favor of changing one's position just because of pressure from miscellaneous goons.

I don't fold and run away as easily as you apparently will.

I'll just stop looking at my Reputation Points. They are useless and allow misuse and abuse. I'm glad that the paying members and moderators in this thread think that the Reputation Point system is a great thing and is worth insulting someone over.

Thanks for revealing your pettiness.

GeoThorn

For all of you Registered Users who might have been intimidated by all of the name-calling, insults, and intimidation occuring in this thread, I'd tell you not to pay any attention to these blowhards. They are apparently of the opinion that if I get grief from enough people that I'd shut up and go away. They were wrong.

If other Registered Users feel strongly enough about something to go against what appears to be the tide of some vocal minority, go for it. Don't let these few loudmouths chase you away from what you believe in.

If everyone followed what these goons say, well, everyone would be silent while these goons made decisions for them. I don't fit into the same mold that my detractors do. They cannot fit me into their "standardized form" and they don't like it. They must be used to insulting and intimidating weak people who haven't failed to give in.

Perhaps they have learned that some folks won't be intimidated. But I won't bet on it. ;)

Back