Photos Post Your REAL Hard Use EDC

Post Your REAL Hard Use EDC here
EDC you’ve used hard and proven itself
I’ll start.
Rk0KNpn.jpg

Gerber Remix. Hands down my most abused right now. I finally retired it to my harness. Sharpened it up with a coarse edge and clipped it in the shoulder webbing in case. No pics though.

All my knives are users but I usually don’t use them harder than they are supposed to be used
I usually do some food prep, cut some cardboard and that’s about it :)

However as I boyght a new house and am doing some work on it I decided to test my PM2 (standard black/black s30v version) to do everything a knife it not supposed to do
For 3 months now I cut through plaster, copper wires, aluminium sheets, wood, etc.
I also pry or screw with it when I don’t have other tools at hand

So far I am quite surprise...
It is doing as good as it can and I was not expecting so much of my trusted PM2

Some pictures at the end of this torture test at the end of the refurbishment

All my knives are users but I usually don’t use them harder than they are supposed to be used
I usually do some food prep, cut some cardboard and that’s about it :)

However as I boyght a new house and am doing some work on it I decided to test my PM2 (standard black/black s30v version) to do everything a knife it not supposed to do
For 3 months now I cut through plaster, copper wires, aluminium sheets, wood, etc.
I also pry or screw with it when I don’t have other tools at hand

So far I am quite surprise...
It is doing as good as it can and I was not expecting so much of my trusted PM2

Some pictures at the end of this torture test at the end of the refurbishment

Take one now and one when you're done, so you have a before/after or at least mid progress/end of progress. Would be interesting to see if/how much a difference there is. :thumbsup:

Here is one of my Gerber Remixs.
And my only combination edge. And come to think of it my only western tanto. I couldn't resist the weird pivot way back in the day.
This is the only knife that ever cut me while I was trying to unlock it. Lots of lock stick. I hadn't even used it, I had just flicked it open and it stuck bad. I was prying on the liner lock when it finally let go and bit me. It works OK if I don't flail it open.

IMG_3526.jpg

what is already interesting and I think will be a trend is that a good number of the "hard use" blades will be the cheap stuff we all turn our noses up at on the forums. and its the stuff doing all the hard work while all the shelf queens never even open a envelope!!!
My most hard use knife is a $3.00 folding box cutter lockback !!

what is already interesting and I think will be a trend is that a good number of the "hard use" blades will be the cheap stuff we all turn our noses up at on the forums. and its the stuff doing all the hard work while all the shelf queens never even open a envelope!!!

I chose to take a ZT bearing flipper on a fishing boat for a season....bad mistake. Rusted ball bearings and broken bearing races. It was replaced as a "manufacture defect" so,....I guess they admitted to the knife as a overall defect.

Benchmade/HK Axis D2. Started life as a tanto then got a porter-cable regrind, thumbstud is long lost in a gravel driveway somewhere. This thing has cut everything from tin cans to insulation without an issue. I always keep it clean and sharpen it on the work sharp KO. I wish they still made it! Full liners, D2, Axis lock, g10, checks all the boxes for a work knife!
zzlMmY5.jpg

But I do use Tajima blades...
High end cheap beater?

20180508_180145_HDR.jpg

Here's my two but only one have I put hard wear on.
The Boker is mine. It gets used for everything at work for the past 2 years. As you can tell, the tip profile has been changed as it was dropped and the tip broke (I actually like it better now)
The second was given to me by a Marine friend and it rode on his vest for a tour in Afghanistan and even survived an IED blast.
The pictures don't show all the snail trails and raw spots on either knife but this is what I've got to contribute .
mKqCbb4.jpg

AK0UrYX.jpg

Fixed blades, SAKs and multitools are the ones that I abuse the most.

My poor Wenger Standard Issue has been through hell, usually to keep a nicer folder from getting damaged.

Medium sized fixed blades are my tool of choice at the ranch and outdoors. My pretty folders only get used for basic urban stuff.

20170727_200446.jpg

20150828_234403.jpg

20170128_133537.jpg

A588B243-FD17-43F8-AE33-233255EB4FA9_zpsqkrbrvz8.jpg

My pm2 has done it ALL. Striped hundreds of feet of very thick guage copper wire. Cut holes in all sorts of material from asphalt shingles to drywall to right through copper wire. And even dig some things out of where they are not supposed to be lol.
Broke the tip off but just gave her a tiny drop point with a diamond stone.
Amazing knife no matter what I throw at it, never any blade play and she still drops open as smooth if not smoother then the day I got her.

Last edited:
Back