Photos Post Your REAL Hard Use EDC

I need to send it in to get the lock revived. It’s gone over so far it is now getting lock slip. I’ll miss it so much. This maybe my favourite knife ever.

oY6cSyP.jpg

AZJNkhC.jpg

Here is one bought used and has been put through it paces. Tops Mil Spie.
I use it doing warranty work on vinyl windows. Trimming welds, cleaning glazing tape off insulated IG's and frames, cutting gaskets, prying windows open etc.
20180403_201023.jpg 20180403_200956.jpg

what is already interesting and I think will be a trend is that a good number of the "hard use" blades will be the cheap stuff we all turn our noses up at on the forums. and its the stuff doing all the hard work while all the shelf queens never even open a envelope!!!
My most hard use knife is a $3.00 folding box cutter lockback !!

I've never been able to post pics, but I used my first CRK, a 2002 large regular Sebenza, as a beater knife for a few years. It held up very well and shows little wear, except from sharpening and snail trails in the titanium scales. I never really worried about it not holding up; it handled everything easily, and it still locks up like it did when brand new.

I used a SAK Spartan as my only knife when I lived overseas for nearly a decade, and it saw quite a bit of use and held up quite well.

Those are a couple examples of mine.

Jim

It’s easy to post pics
Get an imgur account
Upload and right click on the uploaded pic then use the direct link
Rk0KNpn.jpg

I've never been able to post pics, but I used my first CRK, a 2002 large regular Sebenza, as a beater knife for a few years. It held up very well and shows little wear, except from sharpening and snail trails in the titanium scales. I never really worried about it not holding up; it handled everything easily, and it still locks up like it did when brand new.

I used a SAK Spartan as my only knife when I lived overseas for nearly a decade, and it saw quite a bit of use and held up quite well.

Jim

Jim

Go to this thread and read post number 11. It will tell you how to post pics.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/whats-with-please-email-for-pictures.1539365/

The top knife below is my most carried and hardest-used folder. The bottom knife is what it looked like when new. I've had that Buck Adrenalin for about 15 years, it's been broken off twice, reground, is way off-center, and the liner-lock is worn all the way and hits the other side.

That old knife is my everyday work beater and lives under my wallet in my left front pocket. It pulls staples, scrapes glue, will cut up against concrete or drywall, and performs all manner of tasks that any self-respecting knife knut would never dream of using a good knife for.

uY0HfBB.jpg

Among my hardest-use work knives, that perform actual knifely tasks without fear of scratches or wear, are these...

nTqJp49.jpg

5bPBJFz.jpg

6X219vL.jpg

O4WpmxV.jpg

I must say I am surprised at the knives Im seeing here. It is renewing my faith in previously abandoned beliefs!!

Reactions: BBW
This one has seen years of hard use. Zero years of abuse. I clean them all up occasionally, so it still looks okay. The other stalwart is a standard Benchmade 710 in D2, I'll take a picture at some point...

OUY0XVP.jpg

IN8Xtuz.jpg

Used this while I was on Guam for a few months. It cut zip ties, fishing line, opened fish, opened bottles, screwed and unscrewed things that I thought might actually bend the frame; but it's just asking for more (though I eventually replaced it with a multitool).

Nice!
What’s your opinion on hultafors vs mora?

Here's my unsolicited opinion.

The Hultafors has a (slightly) shorter, thicker and narrower blade than most Moras (there are some narrow blade models, but the stock is significantly thinner than the Hultafors). It's quite stout, but not a great slicer.

The handle is fine (I actually prefer hard plastic to the rubber found on some Moras), sheath's OK, too.

It served me quite well as a work knife at the ranch and archaeological digs. I like laminated Moras a bit better, but there's nothing wrong with the Hultafors and I still use one quite often.

Back