Pre-order for the new Kephart?

pre-order for the new Kephart?

• Yes, start a pre-order

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
Nice looking knives, and great post!

This comment caught my eye . . . "when people recommend CPK in general knife discussion, you sometimes hear how 'pricey' they are."

I don't doubt it, but this slays me. There are just some real cheap bastids here at BF. LOL. IMO, CPK knives offer some of the best knife values you can find anywhere ever. Maybe why I don't spend a lot of time in "General Knife Discussion." LOL.

Go back and look at what Bob Loveless charged for a knife 50 years ago. But Loveless never had any trouble selling them and it wasn't long before his backlog was years long. Apparently a lot of people did not think they were too pricey. In current dollars, CPK knives are a fraction of that. And as someone who still owns a few original Loveless knives, and has owned a few others over the years, I believe that CPK knives today offer far greater value than Loveless' knives offered then. And I have put my money where my mouth is in that opinion.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" - attributed to Benjamin Franklin.
Yes, it is funny to anyone who understands the value. I make a lot of knives myself, so outside of CPK, the ones I'm interested in buying are generally not users (hamon or art pieces priced 5 to 10 times higher). This means I usually reach for CPK or one of my own to actually cut something.

Nice looking knives, and great post!

This comment caught my eye . . . "when people recommend CPK in general knife discussion, you sometimes hear how 'pricey' they are."

I don't doubt it, but this slays me. There are just some real cheap bastids here at BF. LOL. IMO, CPK knives offer some of the best knife values you can find anywhere ever. Maybe why I don't spend a lot of time in "General Knife Discussion." LOL.

Go back and look at what Bob Loveless charged for a knife 50 years ago. In 1971 Loveless charged $95 for a basic 4" semi-skinner. That would be well over $600 in today's dollars. But Loveless never had any trouble selling them and his backlog was years long. And by 1975, he was charging $175 for the same knife ($850 in today's dollars). Apparently a lot of people did not think they were too pricey. In current dollars, CPK knives are quite a bit less than that. And as someone who still owns a few original Loveless knives, and has owned a few others over the years, I believe that CPK knives today offer far greater value than Loveless' knives offered then. And I have put my money where my mouth is in that opinion. "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" - attributed to Benjamin Franklin.

^ it's not everyday that I get compared to Bob Loveless. :)

Would you post some pictures of these? I would enjoy seeing your collection.
Here is one I posted here recently.

loveless_fracassi_180412-2_smallest-jpg.1445028

New Kepharts in one to three months?! Exciting news.
Up coming sales for the next month or three will probably include

Dek1 in D3V and AEBL
Hard Thin Field Knife 2
12" Behemother
K18 blem
Mark's folders
Kephart (starting with AEBL)

The 5" Basic Field Knife will start milling chips in about three weeks

We're finishing up beveling the AEBL Kepharts today. We'll start beveling 3V tomorrow

We're continuing to ship Dek1 and K18 for the pre-orders
Must score a 3V Kephart. Then I am going to be a happy pancake.

Back