• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Premium Missouri Black Walnut

Problem with sanding and oiling these blocks, is I want to keep them all :eek:

Here's another example of the Premo Crotch wood from post #1... 5 sets of 4 left...

attachment.php

Attachments

• premiumcrotch2-09.jpg
    premiumcrotch2-09.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I used to work in the rifle stock area in Thompson Center Arms back in the 80's as a shaper. I routinely saw hundreds and hundreds of stock blanks every week and I can tell you first hand that this material of Don's is about as rare as chicken's teeth, that's why I snagged some so quick.

No joke folks, this quality is hard to find, so get it while the gettin's good.
You are right! The best American black walnut goes to companies like Bentley for car interior trim and to gun companies like Shiloh. You have to be right at the source like Don is to get your crumbsnatchers on this kind of wood!!:D

"crumbsnatchers" lol that's a new one to me.

Don, what kinds of payment do you accept? I have a debit card, I can set up a PayPal account if you take that, or would you hold a set till I send you a money order? Whichever you prefer... I want a 4-block set of the prettiest, curliest stuff. I like regular black walnut too, but jeez, that stuff is gorgeous!

(identical pm sent)

Yeah Joe, been trying to get my "crumbsnatchers" on a nice piece of Walnut for a custom gun but have not found one yet.

JT, I'll take a check or MO. Or I can send you a paypal invoice and you can pay with your card, I will need you email address for this.

Thanks,

Guys, I have 3 sets of the premo Black Walnut left from post #1.

And the 4 blocks ($60) from post #3...

Thanks,

Last edited:
Yeah Joe, been trying to get my "crumbsnatchers" on a nice piece of Walnut for a custom gun but have not found one yet.
Thats tough because you have to get in line. Even the decently figured black walnut gets snapped up by folks like FN for guns like the Winchester Model 70 Super Grade. The probably buy all of the decent black walnut they can get and end up with enough nice pieces for their higher end guns once they cut away the straight grain stuff for their regular line. Aside form big pieces being rare, the big problem may be that some of the luxury car makers prefer American black for their interiors for some reason (tighter figure than English or Franch possibly) and the need big pieces to saw all of those veneers from.

I got mine in today and they were absolutely SUPERB. If you're still on the fence about this walnut then drop off on Don's side and just order a set. You won't be dissappointed.

Steve

Don,
Beautiful wood. Paypal sent for 4 block premo set. It will be years before my skills justify this wood, but it will keep. Thanks in advance. -Doug

Hi,i'm interested by some blocks but are you sent in europe? and how much for the postal fees,please
Thanks

Back