• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Premium Missouri Black Walnut

I just want to say that Don has been a saint in dealing with my dumb a$$ the last few days. Finally got the paypal situation squared away (my fault, not his) :eek:

Pleasure doing business with you, sir :thumbup:

As a regular person with no knife-making super powers, I totally missed out on this. I almost considered buying some just to keep on my desk and stare at- but that would have been silly. :)

Got my walnut blocks today... VERY nice. They're cut big enough that I can trim some off each one, and give the "waste" to my girlfriend's son, who makes pens.

Thanks for your patience and service, Don :) :thumbup:

Don
I recieved my blocks today great looking walnut i think that is the fastest i have ever got anything from the U.S..
Thanks as usual great service!
Nothing but the best from Sunfish Forge.:thumbup:

Bob

Thanks guys! Looks like everybody got their's quick.

The US Mail has done good by me!

Hope to offer more walnut at a later date, my brother's working on some right now.

Cool, keep us posted.

I talked (well, exchanged emails) with the folks at River Ridge Products about stabilizing that walnut; they said that sometimes walnut has a weird chemical smell after being stabilized. Also that the smell goes away with use.

I'm not terribly concerned about it, just wondering if you fellas had any thoughts on the matter.

James, I've had WSSI stabilize some of this walnut and no probs. All walnut doesn't stabilize well, Mike at WSSI said he will not even try to stabilize cliro or English but American Black usually does OK.

Staiblizing will sometimes make the wood much darker and lose some of the contrast in the figure, but not every piece. Try a few blocks and compaire to unstabilized.

Back