Production models: question

If Andy would hurry up and buy a cnc router the Cummings line could be bolt on and have milled grooves as well.

Last edited:
The kephart is perfect; exactly what I wanted to complete my "perfect trio" of knives.
View attachment 921752

Hurray! I love when shipping dramas end well. My favorite kind of drama. You know, Nathan Carothers is the machinist that makes the scales for the production knives. I like his knives too. His table at Blade Show is just across the aisle from us. Every year he looses me in a conversation about knives. He is a genious.

This explains why his scales remind me of yours. Nathan makes a good looking knife!

Hurray! I love when shipping dramas end well. My favorite kind of drama.

Last week's USPS tracking/fulfillment seems to have slid into an alternate universe.

[I had no knives at stake, but was awaiting other packages for which the tracking seldom reflected their actual location-- up to and including the point where, after a few phone calls and showing up where they Were Not, I found myself standing in a non-public postal warehouse signing for packages-- right there on a pallet-- that were marked "Out for Delivery" and "Available for Pickup" (at the local actual post office), respectively. Sheesh.]

ptpalpha ptpalpha , congrats on the successful delivery of this great go-to knife!

You know, Nathan Carothers is the machinist that makes the scales for the production knives.... He is a genius.

Why, I had no idea!

Very, very cool-- and instantly 'splains a lot about the handles' presentation and functionality out the wazoo. :thumbsup:

~ P.

Very, very cool-- and instantly 'splains a lot about the handles' presentation and functionality out the wazoo. :thumbsup:

~ P.
Well, I do take credit for the functionality.

But, of course! It's the combination of your efforts that takes your functionality and adds that extra "... out the wazoo."

Okay, so that sounded a lot better in my head.

o_O

~ P.

Back