Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

Those came out just perfect! They look like they should be in a western movie....a Sackett's reboot maybe. Two knife brothers exploring the west after the civil war, when they get in a dispute with a band of murderous forks....hmmm.:D:rolleyes:

Thanks dennis, good to see you stranger! You've got a good plot going, lets write a book and make the knives in it (Hey that would actually be pretty awesome).

I'm taking care of the finishing details on the Bowies and I have a question. I always write a note to the buyer and put the material details on the back of my business card, I designed it to have room. How should I note that these are the first of their kind? "First Run".... "1 of 2"...."Who gives a crap".....?
IMG_20171113_113857567_HDR-751x1335.jpg

Way back when, they were "the odd couple".

If you're not going to turn out any more bowies this year, maybe just 2017-1 and 2017-2. Maybe 2017-OC1 & -OC2 (odd couple 1 & 2)

How about "Here's your knife. Don't do anything stupid." :)

I like the personal notes you've used in the past, with the materials listing as a bonus. That said, 'Original, Experimental, Proof of Concept, First Article, Pre-Production, Limited Edition, Custom Special.' has a ring to it, too... o_O

The ugly duckling and the beautiful swan?

Sounds like a redneck, er country n' westurn song - something about big wind, a mean woman, a trailer, a pick'em up truck, and a dawg... :eek:

OH MY :cool: Those are sweet. I particularly am taken by the wrapped version.

How's the balance? Are they good throwers o_O :confused: :)

If you remember way far back to the early days of TV - the opening credits to the Jim Bowie show was a thrown bowie knife sticking into a wood door, with a thud and a shudder. Since then I always think of "real bowies" as being awesome and lethal throwers.

Nicely done :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
BooWees are shipped, on the way to the Post Offices I got drunk, saved Chuck Norris from a burning building, kicked his ass for the hassle, got a call from Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson from beyond to talk about old times, reminisced how I taught Elvis to sing, told Jimi to roll with it left handed, Gary Cooper how to meet girls, John Wayne to swagger, Bruce to swing them nunchuks, and that time I saved the world from a meteor....

I dropped them off after preschool.
IMG_20171115_171708-1024x731.jpg

You forgot about teaching Fisk how to build BooWees.

Back