Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

Sealtest vanilla or Ben & Gerry - Cherry Garcia :confused: I will eat them both but I'm glad to have Cherry Garcia in my freezer,
if you get my meanin'. Just somethin' about stacked, er, ice cream ...

Ray

Last edited:

John.

Buddy...

You.

Are.

KILLING.

ME!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I’ll say it again:

John, anytime you want to start another AI one fer me, mmm yeah, that’d be great.

mmm-yeah-that.jpg

Really. I want one. BAD.

I'd love to see it next to a 1-7.

I assure you, the sun will come back out someday. Some day...

Hey Jared, I'm a small hands, size-ten-shoe kinda guy, so the handle on my Redmeadow Knives S Guard Bowie fits me well and is esthetically pleasing, but the handle is very smooth and super slippery, like polished glass. If you're going with the same handle material, if John has enough material to work with, for added grip, you may want to ask him to make the handle wider at the butt like he did with Mack's stacked leather version, add a palm swell, or maybe single finger groove. Possibly even a lanyard. Just a thought...

IMG_20171002_221922-1024x576.jpg

Melvin - Here is my solution for slippery handles - maybe you could do a simple mod :D :eek:

That red neoprene tape (sticks only to itself but does that with tenacity) has excellent grip and can be peeled off without any damage or residual effects to your nice ivory :thumbsup:.

I recommend...

(By the way you and Mack have a gorgeous pair :rolleyes:)

Ray

Last edited:
Hey Jared, I'm a small hands, size-ten-shoe kinda guy, so the handle on my Redmeadow Knives S Guard Bowie fits me well and is esthetically pleasing, but the handle is very smooth and super slippery, like polished glass. If you're going with the same handle material, if John has enough material to work with, for added grip, you may want to ask him to make the handle wider at the butt like he did with Mack's stacked leather version, add a palm swell, or maybe single finger groove. Possibly even a lanyard. Just a thought...

View attachment 863255

Thanks for the heads-up Shel! I’d never noticed that difference between the two. Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives John, thoughts? I like the wider at the butt idea if it’s possible. Not a huge fan of the finger groove idea though.

Shel, we need to chat about sheaths.

Thanks Ray! I was leaning towards duct tape, but your idea is, well, wow. :rolleyes:

Looks ain't everything ladies. Weight and balance plays a big role. Stacked leather is really lightweight and allows for a larger end plate, and gave that knife a wider base that looked more rugged. Remember these were Beauty and the Beast. The Ivory one was thinner at the end to keep the weight down and to give it less bulky lines, it also allows more of your fingers to wrap around the handles end instead of relying on the large base.

Great point John! Never even considered the weight difference! That’s why you’re the expert! :)

Back