• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[Project]Stainless Damascus + Ti Handle + Hinderer's Spanto blade shape=???

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the text were re-working now.
IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

Last edited:
good look getting the fit perfect! I know it might be a little tricky.

Also that polished damascus blade looks fantastic

That is cool projekt, I very much look forward to see how it will come along.
How do you plan to heat treat the blade ? are you going to do it your self or pay someone else to do it ?

That is cool projekt, I very much look forward to see how it will come along.
How do you plan to heat treat the blade ? are you going to do it your self or pay someone else to do it ?

I paid someone pro to do it. I don't have those equipment. :)

Last edited:
Looks like a cool project. As long as you didn't buy the fake instead of the real thing, I don't see the big deal. I know a lot of people can't afford a $400+ dollar knife though. I wouldn't mod the real Large either.
Keep us updated on it, can't wait to see it. =]

Looks like a cool project. As long as you didn't buy the fake instead of the real thing, I don't see the big deal. I know a lot of people can't afford a $400+ dollar knife though. I wouldn't mod the real Large either.
Keep us updated on it, can't wait to see it. =]
Well, I do own a real large seb 21. I think it is not smart to change anything on a real one. You may break the value. Still I am also excited about this.

Why didn't you just get this maker to produce you a whole new knife ? The reblading of a fake Sebenza is just silly.

Why didn't you just get this maker to produce you a whole new knife ? The reblading of a fake Sebenza is just silly.

I think he's partly making it himself, it's not a custom. As far as I understand it, he wanted a Sebby-style ti handle(and even though he owns a Sebby already, he wasn't buying a 2nd just to dismantle it for his Frankenknife), with a damascus "spanto" blade that he's making himself(then having professionally heat treated) out of that bar of steel he bought.

Yes, I can actually read but thanks very much indeed for the recap. :p

He stated he is sending the knife to a maker to have the blade ground and heat treated so IMO he should just have a new knife made rather than try to "polish a dropping", so to speak.

I think he's partly making it himself, it's not a custom. As far as I understand it, he wanted a Sebby-style ti handle(and even though he owns a Sebby already, he wasn't buying a 2nd just to dismantle it for his Frankenknife), with a damascus "spanto" blade that he's making himself(then having professionally heat treated) out of that bar of steel he bought.

Give the steel you have to the maker and ask them to make a new handle as well as a blade. That would be the smart thing to do. :)

I'm not Taiwanese by the way and I know just who you are so keep the victomised attitude out of here as well as your fake knives. ;)

I can tell you that I plane to do it myself in the first place. Then I realize it is too hard for me. That time I already bought that steel. So you guess what? I should throw that steel away and find some one to built me a brand new one? I think that's what people called silly.
I am just sharing my thought and idea. Not to let anyone step on it. Are you from knifeedgeforums? I see you are from Taiwan too. Let me tell you: I don't care what you think about K.John's knife, I don't care who you are. I just want to let you know that you don't have any right to Attack my thought.
Pleas understand that. If you don't like this. <<<<Leave>>>>!!!
I am really tired of this. I am getting attack everywhere. Why don't keep this thing back in Taiwan? Is that so fun for a Taiwanese attack another Taiwanese abroad??? Be mature don't be like a child.

I am sorry to say that you are from Taiwan it is a mistake. I apologized. But still, this is my though. I just want to make the most off what I have. Not wasting them. Maybe you think they are trash. But I think they are still useful.

Last edited:
Mistake Deleted.

Give the steel you have to the maker and ask them to make a new handle as well as a blade. That would be the smart thing to do. :)

I'm not Taiwanese by the way and I know just who you are so keep the victomised attitude out of here as well as your fake knives. ;)
Again I am sorry. I think I let emotion effect my mind too much.:(
I think there is nothing wrong to use what I have, not to us what "I am going to have." I already bought that knife and that steel. And there is noway for me to return them, even if I want to. So I put them to use.

e522600, I am sorry to say that what the heck you are doing and talking here. We the knifeedgeforums in Taiwan never ever encouraged our forumites to buy and promote the fake knives. Never before and never in the future. Not only we dislike the fake knives, but on the contrary it is a taboo to promote fake knives in our forum. You have already been condemned for your foolish behavier there and now you tried to do it again on Bladeforums. What are you thinking?
I have told you the same thing as what Haze has said, but in chinese. What you don't know is that you nearly crossed the line to be banned. Almost there, man.

When mentioning clone and sebenza in the same sentence, some people on this forum is gonna come and yell at you, not matter what you do or say.
Most often they don't bring any positive criticism with them, they just seem to keep going, until you go away and feel bad about your self.
Try not to be baited in to arguing with them, there can come not good of it.

Just ignore them and go ahead with you projekt, I would like to see how it continuous. Even if it s not a DIY anymore.
I think this is a clever use of a clone, and in my eyes a morale legit one at that. :thumbup:

I am Blade Yang, a supervisor from knifeedgeforums Taiwan and I would like to clarify that our forums are never pleased to discuss or promote the fake knife, we respect the intellectual property rights and any encouraging of fake knife related issue is not allowed!
I have known Mr. Haze a for a long time and I don't know why Mr.e522600 said that! We may don't have the legal right to prohibit you to buy fake knife, but we will suggest you to keep quiet and only do or play it privately, otherwise our manage team will make decision to deal with it:eek: Thank!

You can use the steel but use it for a nice new knife rather than to reblade a fake Sebenza.

I see my brothers Takulu and Blade have put you in your place so we can leave it at that......

Again I am sorry. I think I let emotion effect my mind too much.:(
I think there is nothing wrong to use what I have, not to us what "I am going to have." I already bought that knife and that steel. And there is noway for me to return them, even if I want to. So I put them to use.

This is a weird thread.

Make your knife.

He bought a fake Sebenza and is using the titanium handle. Probably cheaper than buying the titanium and easier than making the handle, especially if he doesn't have the right tools. About the only thing positive that can be done with a fake Sebenza.

Yah I don't quite get this thread either.

Hes not really promoting a fake sebenza, hes making a one of a kind knife for him.

Not sure what he did on the other forums but here I don't see the harm.

Im looking forward to seeing the end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back