• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[Project]Stainless Damascus + Ti Handle + Hinderer's Spanto blade shape=???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see you destroy a fake one than a real one I guess.

Plus, a lot of guys have got their start by modding cheap-o knives. I would recommend against supporting a knockoff company and buying a better, legit cheap knife.

Oh well. Good luck with your project and I hope it turns out to be a great success.

e522600, I like your project and am interested in the results.

Don't get too upset about all the dick-waving going on. Let them rant, it only reflects poorly on them when they act like that.

His knife will be a new designed fixed knife now. You don’t quite get this thread is because you know nothing happening in mainland China and Taiwan. The guy called Kelvin who copy lots of knives from CRK and Striders has now directly pinned the “Idaho Made” mark on his newly imitated CRK Un..zams and steals business from you American. Moreover, his dealer in Taiwan even hold a discussion and vote for choosing the next knife that Kelvin will copy for his supporters. That is why we are so sick of discussion relating to any of fakes, especially for Kelvin’s copycats, on our forum.
As a new comer to our forum, e522600 didn’t know much about our taboos so he has happily post his project on our forum and, as you can expect, our forumites jumped and gave him lots of suggestions about his knife and warn him about the situation regarding the Kelvin’s fakes. Apparently, e522600 still doesn’t know well about the situation so he also post here. When Haze replied on this thread, he thought Haze is one of our forumites who irrationally chased him. So he blamed Haze and mentioned about our knifeedgeforums and Taiwan, which makes our forumites very unhappy because he has touch the second taboo in our forum…never ever attacked others with bad intention. And we don’t want anybody misunderstanding that we Taiwaners and our forumites support the copy business. That’s why I and Blade, the moderators of knifeedgeforums, warn him here.

e522600 has now know what happened and feel regretful for his immature reply here. He has apologized to Haze and our forum and changed his project to make a new designed fixed blade with his beautiful Damascus blank. I believe that you will see an awesome fixed knife from him in the future.

As for the dick-waving guys here. You do what you like. And God bless you and American.

Last edited:
You don't know who he is. He has caused trouble with fakes on the Taiwanese forum and you will notice he has edited out his original text a few times now. His first post here was talking up a fake knife in a manufactures forum as well. That reflects poorly on him not us.....

e522600, I like your project and am interested in the results.

Don't get too upset about all the ****-waving going on. Let them rant, it only reflects poorly on them when they act like that.

As for the Kelvin imitated CRK, I post the connection here to let you guys know what happened.
His dealer is now watching this thread too.
God bless you American.

Last edited:
It's best not to post a link, it will be removed by the Mods any way. We can talk about it else where but not in this forum. :)

As for the Kelvin imitated CRK, I post the connection here to let you guys know what happened.

His dealer is now watching this thread too.
God bless you American.

well honestly what I saw and what he posted did no harm.

He did not say or promote Kevin johns work, and I would've liked to see him finish the knife he intended in this thread before it was derailed. Some people really dislike copies and there's a good reason for it but you cannot make other peoples decisions for them, and if they decide to buy fakes let them. You are not supporting it so you have done your job in not supporting them.

but to chase away people who make the poor decisions and buy the knives and then try to make it a one of a kind and mod it isn't the proper way to handle it.

I don't know the guys back story but I will say this thread had potential and I personally would of liked to see it along with a lot of other people on here.

I think everyone would of jumped down his throat if he had purchased a real sebenza and did this too because that's just how a lot of people on this forum are.

so how is he supposed to take a design he likes and modify it for himself? get a custom that is probably way above his budget?

I don't know, Maybe I could be wrong and don't have all the information, but with the information provided so far I say let him be.

I'd rather see him make the first knife he intended to, it was a unique (Not a fake nor a clone) project with lots of potential in my eyes.

What ever he did or did not do on another forum, It does not really matter as long as he behaves himself here on this forum, and he has done nothing wrong here. Until he does, he is welcome here as fare as I am concerned.

And a remark from Haze like "I see my brothers Takulu and Blade have put you in your place so we can leave it at that......" really does nothing positive for neither Haze nor Takulu and Blade.

I really think it a shame a "band" of "brothers" go around and "put" new members here in there place.:thumbdn:

I'd rather see him make the first knife he intended to, it was a unique (Not a fake nor a clone) project with lots of potential in my eyes.

What ever he did or did not do on another forum, It does not really matter as long as he behaves himself here on this forum, and he has done nothing wrong here. Until he does, he is welcome here as fare as I am concerned.

And a remark from Haze like "I see my brothers Takulu and Blade have put you in your place so we can leave it at that......" really does nothing positive for neither Haze nor Takulu and Blade.

I really think it a shame a "band" of "brothers" go around and "put" new members here in there place.:thumbdn:

I agree 100%

so how is he supposed to take a design he likes and modify it for himself? get a custom that is probably way above his budget?

I don't know, Maybe I could be wrong and don't have all the information, but with the information provided so far I say let him be.
Don't worry about it. He has already has a custom knife maker make his new knife by his own design. I think it is a good result and I look forward to seeing his own designed knife in the furture.

Well I hope he showes his work here I for one would like to see it.
If he does not, I can't really blame him for not wanting to post here again, because of the poorly and shamfull way he has been treated in this tread.

Boo hoo, cry me a river. He is buying fake knives and talking them up here and else where. Sorry, he is not some poor guy that got treated poorly, he is another "Kevin John" donkey boy that got rumbled.....

Would you mind showing me where, here on this forum, he is talking up a fake knife he has bought ?

????????????WHAT?????????

So, a guy wants to use handle from a fake (that he states is a fake) and make his own blade (or have it made, doesn't really matter) and guys from a Taiwanese forum feel the need to shame him into not doing so because it's taboo on their forum???? Do I have this right? Really? Seriously?

.... what a joke

Make it like you originally intended, if for no other purpose at this point then them telling you you shouldn't.

-sh00ter

Would you mind showing me where, here on this forum, he is talking up a fake knife he has bought ?

He has 10 posts here, his first post on BFC and only post outside of this thread was in the CRK forum in a thread talking about, you guessed it, "Kevin John" fakes. It's funny how that key word got him here isn't it. As they say, there is always enough light for those that want to see......

Hi...I am from Taiwan.Well...I owned a real large Sebenza and a Ti-lock. It is not that difficult to get one if you know where to find it. And for K.John...I had own one his Ti-Lock(Sold) Its quality is really near the real one. Which mean he have that skill! He have the skill to produce high quality knife. And I had heard that he is working on his own-design model. I believe a man who have that kind of skill wont just want to be a copy cat. Waiting to see his own stuff.

I wonder if the OP will ever get his knife project off the ground; it seems like he's already got a lot invested in it (a knife, a 100$ chunk of steel, some time and effort).

Good luck, OP, hope it works out!

I do post a knife polishing work up here, and that's a random knife, NOT from Kevin John. And I only said that "Kevin John is planing to release new designed knife.
Thanks for support. But some time there are no way to reason someone.

I never say sorry to use what I has as a source, but i did apologized to connect that forum at Taiwan with this. They are different.
I know who Haze is now. He isn't Taiwanese, but he lived in Taiwan. Don't need to help me anymore. I had ask moderators to close this thread. It is meaningless now. And from what I heard, he... offen argued with others. I don't know why.

John 8:7
...If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her...
No one has the right to critic others. They don't, I don't, No one did.
They didn't knockdown me. I just chose a better way to make my own knife.
Thanks for support again. And Sorry for wasting your time.

What a typically snakey "I'm the victom" way to try and get out of this. You came here and have posted in two threads, both involved fake KJ knives and you started one of them. I don't care who takes your side here, you are the one posting about fake KJ knives and that is why you got this response. Stop playing the innocent victom and stop posting about your fake knives, you were told the very same on the Tawianese forum when you did the same thing there.

I do post a knife polishing work up here, and that's a random knife, NOT from Kevin John. And I only said that "Kevin John is planing to release new designed knife.
Thanks for support. But some time there are no way to reason someone.

I never say sorry to use what I has as a source, but i did apologized to connect that forum at Taiwan with this. They are different.
I know who Haze is now. He isn't Taiwanese, but he lived in Taiwan. Don't need to help me anymore. I had ask moderators to close this thread. It is meaningless now. And from what I heard, he... offen argued with others. I don't know why.

John 8:7
...If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her...
No one has the right to critic others. They don't, I don't, No one did.
They didn't knockdown me. I just chose a better way to make my own knife.
Thanks for support again. And Sorry for wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back