ProLite - First impressions

Man, such a great knife but horrible steel. I can live with AUS8, BD1 is perfect maybe there are other options in sub 50$ segment. But I won't buy a knife with a steel made for forks. I know, I know ColdSteel heat treat and bla, bla, bla. But after all its a cheap and soft steel in the world where CPM30V is no longer a "super steel". I'll wait for the upgraded version. And if CS will make it I'll buy at least 4 of them. Damn ready for higher price.

I get the steel issue, but a knife is not just about the blade. For me it's one of the most ergo handle for many grips, and the size is perfect. Im totally down for an upgraded version with better material, but as it is, it's still a great knife. For less than $30, it's still worth a try.

Man, such a great knife but horrible steel. I can live with AUS8, BD1 is perfect maybe there are other options in sub 50$ segment. But I won't buy a knife with a steel made for forks. I know, I know ColdSteel heat treat and bla, bla, bla. But after all its a cheap and soft steel in the world where CPM30V is no longer a "super steel". I'll wait for the upgraded version. And if CS will make it I'll buy at least 4 of them. Damn ready for higher price.

The overall shape of the knife is really very nice. The handle is comfortable and the blade angle is great. I have been finding it hard to get my thumb used to pushing in the lock release though. At this point for me it's basically a 2 hand knife. That said, this thing would be amazing in CTS XHP and with the ultimate hunters canvas textured G10 scales...that would be a grand slam of a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back