Proof Of Busse (and Kin) Superiority

I don't ever feel I should convince someone what's good for them.

I love the products, love the company and I love the crowd (and I love whiskey).

However, this is why I'll be a loyal customer for life, and probably after...

Long story short, I buy knife, I mess up the knife, I ask forum how to fix, Jerry comes in without me calling and offers to take care of everything no questions asked.

And a follow up, knife came back fixed, re coated, sharpened, and tip fixed up, last three were not even discussed or asked for.

Been years since, I have not come across anyone who stands behind what they do like busse folks do.
I think probably it was replaced not repaired,
because recoating is not just a spray-on paint, they literally need to take off the handle by drilling the eyelets, put static charge on the blade, spray the resin powder, bake, install handle… they also need to bend it back perfectly to fix it, which is not trivial to do ,that is too much time I think.

But I don’t know for sure.
Can you tell by any sign that it was the original knife? For instance, unique micarta discoloration from your use?
thanks

edit: maybe it is a joke, you actually know it is a new knife. I’ve seen such as “they added some steel”(which is clearly not possible, and implies that the blade was replaced ) in the lawn mower incident thread.

Back