Pumpkin Carvin Contest - Knife is the prize!

Unfortunately, the orange karda is no longer with us-- FFS, I can't find it and about 13 other stubbies and runts that still have yet to materialize from the move.

I REALLY hope that you've found your knives. My last two moves were disasters; both movers were rampant thieves. We never recovered a penny and we were over the 30 days before we discovered the loss. From now on, I'll use one of those Big Box things that they put in your yard, and you load it and lock it, and the truck comes, picks it up, and delivers it to your new address. I realize that nothing is foolproof, especially when they are armed with bolt-cutters.
BTW...those pumpkin pics are really neat. My previous attempts were amateurish at best. My wife finally gave up on my artistic prowess and bought a large commercial plastic pumpkin. It works. ;)

Last edited:
My 8 year old son did this tonight, I only had to help a little. He did a pretty good job and caught on quick.
3MpqGW8.jpg

cxb5mWS.jpg

Can we get some distinction between which pumpkins are pictures from previous carvings, and which ones are submissions?

I think you should have to post next to the picture of your masterpiece that it is your submission for the contest.

I know these can't compete with some of the works of art posted here but my wife and I had 3 of our grand kids this weekend. Per their request, we've become the official pumpkin carvers of the family. They all want to come for sleep overs and carve pumpkins each year. The morning following I took a shot at carving matching pancakes as a surprise. :):) (Needless to say that my pancake carving skills need some work) :D

37991504262_883b651c24_c.jpg

38022322891_4819be6c49.jpg

Holy shatballs! Nice work.

Art from Monsters University? Our kids own those movies. Good resemblance.

I'll post our carvings from this year tomorrow.

Yep. Art the philosophy major it is - good call for a mediocre pumpkin carve

Back