Pumpkin Carvin Contest - Knife is the prize!

This carving was completed, start-to-finish, with a Fiddleback Forge F2 tonight (Halloween) while feeding trick or treaters. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

cuRKBVZ.jpg

juLWlq5.jpg

Last edited:
This carving was completed, start-to-finish, with a Fiddleback Forge F2 tonight (Halloween) while feeding trick or treaters. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

CrI9q1B.jpg

cuRKBVZ.jpg

juLWlq5.jpg
Man, Jazz. Were you trying to take candy from Justen's dog, Bruno or did you get into a fight with that F2?

Hahaha - i wondered if anyone would see that. Our family/relatives dressed up as zoo animals/staff. This costume was a ‘snake expert’ - bandaids are for all the snake bites from the homemade hand puppet (a little Halloween humor)!

UIGu0gY.jpg

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Madden will be so excited to know that his Jacks won the prize. Competition was fierce and there were some great pumpkin carvings in this thread. Swo, thanks for putting this on and motivating us to do something a little more than throw a pumpkin out on the doorstep. It was great getting to spend a couple hours with the boy designing and carving out these pumpkins. We even planted some of the seeds to see if we can grow any of our own for next year.

Tell Madden congrats on the win! I've been carving these things for years and here he comes and blows me away with a pumpkin with plastic teeth!!!

Woo hoo! Madden will be so excited to know that his Jacks won the prize. Competition was fierce and there were some great pumpkin carvings in this thread. Swo, thanks for putting this on and motivating us to do something a little more than throw a pumpkin out on the doorstep. It was great getting to spend a couple hours with the boy designing and carving out these pumpkins. We even planted some of the seeds to see if we can grow any of our own for next year.

Congrats to Madden and everyone who participated!! Let's do it again next year. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, SA Condor SA Condor where's that carved watermelon!?!? :D

Congrats to Madden and everyone who participated!! Let's do it again next year. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, SA Condor SA Condor where's that carved watermelon!?!? :D

Lol! I never heard from Swo, so I didn’t buy one! My kiddos would have had fun. Maybe next year Watermelons in Bolivia can be an exception! I sure do wish they had pumpkins here though.

Congrats Madden!

I know I am late to the party but things have been busy lately with life, injuries, colds and other projects. We had two pumpkins to carve, one for my son and one for me. I was so busy I didn't even get around to carving mine.

This year was my son's first year carving some of the pumpkin himself. He chose to do a Pokemon character. We took off the top with the kephart. Actually, I did and even having him hold it for a picture made me nervous. He is pretty good with a knife but I don't know if he is ready for Andy's kephart yet.

Here is the pumpkin sitting on our new half pipe. This is one of the projects that have kept me busy lately.

And a final shot with the moon in the background the night before Halloween.

Back