Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

I wasn't actually at the liquor store. I just assumed everyone else was. Laphroaig seems to be popular in another corner of the intrawebz lately :cool:.

I wasn't actually at the liquor store. I just assumed everyone else was. Laphroaig seems to be popular in another corner of the intrawebz lately :cool:.
I just poured a dram. It's heaven in a glass.

Writing of Winter Imbibing, as you all seem to be interested :cool:

Here is one of my fun and delicious favorites (as in contrast to delicious and serious - single malts and such - in which you don't add ice or get distracted with idle chit chat :rolleyes: YES, I prefer to drink alone - kind of...)

I call this THE BRENDAN named after Saint Brendan the Irish Monk who in the year 900 gathered up a group of fellow monks and ... from Wikipedia -

"On the Kerry coast, Brendan built a currach-like boat of wattle, covered it with hides tanned in oak bark and softened with butter, and set up a mast and a sail. He and a small group of monks fasted for 40 days, and after a prayer on the shore, embarked in the name of the Most Holy Trinity.[11] The narrative is characterized by much literary license, e. g., it refers to Hell where “great demons threw down lumps of fiery slag from an island with rivers of gold fire” and also to “great crystal pillars.” Many speculate that these are references to volcanic activity around Iceland and to icebergs."

Great story - his voyage was later "recreated" by Tim Severin in 1976-77 who built a replica to try to prove the legend of St. Brendan's sail. Wrote about it - "The Brendan Voyage". Well worth a read, accompanied, of course, by THE BRENDAN on ice (see below).

Was about this time that I was tending bar and inspired by this story and my penchant for Irish Whiskey I created
THE BRENDAN.

Your "parts" may vary, to suit your preference.

Nice with ice and a camp fire or blaze in the fireplace. I also enjoy the IRISH MIST HONEY on ice with a splash of sparkling water - no need to add the Jameson. Sweet but not cloying, like so many other liqueurs favored by the ladies and so this allows my manly self to enjoy without blushing. :)

I recommend :thumbsup:

Enjoy my brothers.

Ray

Last edited:
Laphroaig are known for their medicinal malts, and the classic 10 year old is no exception.
So - here's to your health mateys :thumbsup:
I've missed this one will need to taste test this "heaven in a glass".

Cheers, Ray

Another Bocote board going home next week

PgeWOlM.jpg

Mesmerizing is right - I have no idea how to set the chess pieces on this one :confused:

Pretty cool looking though - I'll give you that. :cool: Nicely done :thumbsup:

Ray

Looks great Scott!

I'm waiting on two orders that should be here tomorrow, one is steel and the other is .........an........absolute......can......of......worms.

Looks great Scott!

I'm waiting on two orders that should be here tomorrow, one is steel and the other is .........an........absolute......can......of......worms.
Hell, just go down to Billy Bob’s, Bait & Tackle! A large can of Worms is $4.95

You think that rabbit hole tease is funny :confused:

We are suffering here, waiting in our pathetic little lives, simply to hear news and progress from Master John and all we get is - BONELESS ICE-CREAM :mad:

I guess I need a hobby :D

Still...

Ray

Steel was delayed until Monday probably because of weather, they said Friday, but they didn't quite make it through, kind of like Bailey here.
IMG_20180220_143005925-1024x1820.jpg
No guesses on the rabbit hole thread?

Back