Purses anybody? Pix and deal.

How did we get into purses? I'm not positive but I'll bet a hundred bucks the story goes like this.

Next door to the Tshirt man's shop is the Purse man's shop. The Purse man sees Pala coming out of the Tshirt man's shop carrying a load of Tshirts. He jumps out and grabs Pala. Here's his pitch.

Pala, I see you have bought some Tshirts to help the poor starving damai who do the embroidery on the shirts. This is a kind, generous wonderful thing you have done. But take a look at my own damai. They sit here with nothing to do. The tourists have stopped coming as you know very well. And, my damai are worse off than the Tshirt man's. They are all widows and unwed mothers with childred to feed and they are making nothing. The children are hungry and the poor women cannot pay their rent. Here, take a few purses and build your dharma. Just these few will help feed the starving. You are a Buddhist and it is your duty to buy a few. Here. Take these. I'll bring them to your home and help you pack them. Please, for the love of God, take them.

So, here they are.

They are pretty and uniqure, well crafted. They range in price from $20 to $30. Tell me which one you like and I'll send it.

I should be selling khukuris but we have our dharma and volunteer service to do.

It should help the wife to approve a couple of khukuris if you get her a one of a kind purse from Nepal.

Call or email and maybe the damai will pray for you, too.

Attachments

• purses.jpg
    purses.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 465
This oughta build some karma, too!

I'll talk to the missus, print these pics, and see what I can do. Are the purses made of shells, beads, etc?

Keith

I don't know anything about purses but they look like somekind of cloth covered with beads. The two on the right and the one in upper left corner are wood beads.

I don't know how Pala gets sucked into these deals. No, that's not right. I do know.

Volunteer service.

Sorry, Bill, but they just don't go with any of my shoes.

We'll see what the fiancee hast to say, though.

S.

The jola man got to Pala, too!!! I need to try to sell some khukuris in between this volunteer service.

Next, Pala'll be scheduling airfare to Nepal for the tourism ministry, housing tourists at famous BirGorha, and feeding them at the Kamis dormiciles! sounds great!

We laugh, but this shows you what a cornerstone HI really is in Nepal. If the locals didn't think much of the Kamis and their trade, they may recant. Maybe Nepal just needs to get those arts and crafts up on a webpage. Then cybertourists to cyberNepal can buy buy buy!

Keith

Al the tourist dependent shops are suffering and jumping on Pala every time he walks by.

You know, if someone buys a purse for themselves AND carries a khukuri no one would dare to say anything.:p
It would go something like this:

" Hey who is that?"

" Shut up or he'll look over at us."

"Crap, that's a big knife!"

"Didn't I say shut up?"

I keep telling Pala most of my customers are not interested in purses and he tells me to sell them anyway.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Al the tourist dependent shops are suffering and jumping on Pala every time he walks by.

...(wondering what's next?!?)

:eek: ;)

The Arts & Crafts man sent about 100 pix of stuff he want's me to try to sell. It's too much. Tourism is number three contributer to Nepal economy and they are having their worst year in last 20 years. I know the people are suffering but we can't take care of everybody.

Those purses are very cool. I told a lady friend about them, we shall see what happens.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
The Arts & Crafts man sent about 100 pix of stuff he want's me to try to sell.

Try us...

Post the pics and maybe there will be interest. The purses seem to have done well.

Will get the lady of the house to take a look.

If she likes them, I will probably sneak a khuk into the deal as well. Hey look dear, a "free" khukuri with the purse, isn't that kind of them...

Andrew Limsk

Back