Quick update!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have all of these final ground now! Here is what they looked like this morning.

[video=youtube_share;JJMu3zqElVI]http://youtu.be/JJMu3zqElVI[/video]

Like!The bushie is loooooooking gooooood!
Ok,they're all looking good,but I'm partial to the bushie.:)

Outstanding wicked blades!I am with Mykel that bushie is looking really wicked! I am pretty sure who is getting that sweet baby.Daniel what type of scales is the bushcrafter getting?

Thanks guys!

BC the Bushcraft knife is getting MCAM!

I'll do a Bushcraft knife sign up here sometime soon, I don't want to get too ahead of myself yet. :D

Oh yeah...
Daniel- Do you have a DF balisong on the drawing board?

Oh yeah...
Daniel- Do you have a DF balisong on the drawing board?

I have been thinking about one, no actual plans drawn up yet but I think it will eventually happen.

I might make an edc style Balisong versus a big flipper, I like the clean design aspect of them. Of course it has to flip well too! I'll see when I am closer if there is much demand for one, I am not set on my direction with them yet.

Man your grinds are so clean! Looks like a lot of good looking stuff on the way.

I really like that clip point.Second in from the bottom left.:thumbup:

$150. for that Fat tanto is a freekin steal!!

Good to hear! I need to move them fast so I priced them lower that normal. Big plans here...

I really like that clip point.Second in from the bottom left.:thumbup:

Thanks! That is my new model, no name yet but I know they are going to be good!

These are close! I have everything with scales ready for sheaths... sharpening and pics after that!

I'm cutting some dinosaur bone today for menukis... I will start with a slab of rock and end up with 2 cabochons sanded to 50,000 grit!

Does this mean you've etched the steel? Can we see? :D

Oh yeah, I really hope for some. The damascus looks killer too! Etching Damascus is one of the most fun parts of knifemaking, it is fun to see the steel transform. I took them to 900 grit so the contrast is amazing. I took the Dinosaur bone to 50,000 grit over 3 sawing, 6 wet sanding and 2 dry polishing steps. The wraps are done and I'm about to go soak them.

For those who are wondering, yes I'm talking real petrified dinosaur bone! It is gem grade, not stabilized and with great cellular structure. This particular rough is killer, I picked it from thousands of pounds and it is some of my favorite. The cells are half grey and half red... each one like that so the effect is really cool to me.

I'll try for pics first, my camera has been giving me problems lately... took tons today and all came almost colorless no matter what.

Cutting some dinosaur bone for a menuki! I have a piece of lapis also in the second photo, I may use it for a menuki later.

023-5.jpg

027-7.jpg

Just the written description makes it sound like an amazing knife. Looking forward to the pictures.

something is wrong with my camera... sorry for the bad pics

The damascus looks MUCH better in person.

Damascus!

059-3.jpg

Crypto glow scales!

Untitled-10.jpg

Back