Quick update!

I looked for emoticons that adequately express the wow factor. There aren't any. :)

The dino bone is awesome! Lovin' the lapis lazuli too :D I'm not a huge fan of damascus but that is some pretty nice stuff, is that rain drop pattern?

Thanks guys!

More of this raindrop damascus... it's oiled up. This one is ready for a sheath.

This is how Van Gogh saw random damascus! :D lol reminds me of A Starry Night

011-13.jpg

Very cool - love the dinosaur bone - really nice looking knife! Thanks for the videos as well - cool to watch.

I don't think most people really think about how many belts it takes to grind these out - myself included.

best

mqqn

Ok, that's it!! You have to let me know the next time you get some Damascus!!!Please!!!

<sigh>. Some day I will own a knife that nice. Or so Daniel keeps telling me.....month after month after month.......

Very cool - love the dinosaur bone - really nice looking knife! Thanks for the videos as well - cool to watch.

I don't think most people really think about how many belts it takes to grind these out - myself included.

best

mqqn

Thanks!

The materials usually don't cost as much as the belts, even with this damascus the belts cost more than the steel. For the damascus you have to buy a whole billet, whole rayskin for the scales... enough epoxy for 100, the list goes on. I think I had spent 3K by the time I made my first knife.

Dinosaur bone... someone had to find it and grade it. It was cut in an 18" slab saw which is about 600 pounds! Aftre the huge 18" saw a 10" saw cuts the slabs... after that I use a 4" saw to trim into cabochon size. Then I use my $2000 wet diamond grinder to polish the stone up to 50,000 grit... lots to it all.

I appreciate it when people appreciate the work!

Ok, that's it!! You have to let me know the next time you get some Damascus!!!Please!!!

I've got to do a damascus run with knives up for grabs... I can't make them fast enough! :D

<sigh>. Some day I will own a knife that nice. Or so Daniel keeps telling me.....month after month after month.......

I'm getting caught up fast, building the shop and having our baby really slowed down the orders. All of these are from last year's orders.

I am getting close to completing the orders from my second order notebook and my second one is already full... mostly order lists! That's why I had to stop taking custom orders so I can catch up.

By the way, I do owe you one... :D one day I will get you back.

Daniel that is another awesome creation you made there!!!! Lots of time must go into them. Must be a labor of love.They say if you love what you do you never work a day in your life!

Daniel that is another awesome creation you made there!!!! Lots of time must go into them. Must be a labor of love.They say if you love what you do you never work a day in your life!

Lots of time and you are right, they are a labor of love. Thanks! :cool:

So cool!
Do a straight point next. Please. :)

Lycosa...

I have to tell you, you are going to really like next week, I'm making D2 tantos with a straight tip. I'll make an extra in case you need one! :D

Back