• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Radius platen, flat platen and water cooled chiller sale

Any chance these would fit on a Burr King 960?

I don't know. While they are designed for the KMG, I have heard of people putting them on other grinders with adapter brackets and plates. I think it could be mounted, but I don't know how much effort is involved because I've never done it. It is 8" long, 2" wide and has mounting holes that are 6.75" center to center.

Any chance these would fit on a Burr King 960?

I am going to have to make a custom mount for my Bader, but it will work. Just going to take a little time away from grinding is all.

Hey Y'all, these have started shipping. Some of you will have stuff in hand this weekend. :thumbup:

Received my chiller already... that's what I call service!
Nice looking unit that will get put to the test this week.
Thanks
Nathan

Received my order as well, thank you for a fine product and speedy service!

Got mine today. Wont be able to use them for a little bit, gotta make the proper setup on my NWG or wait till I get a appropriate grinder but they look excellent and exactly what I was looking for, ecspecially the radius platen.

Nathan, I would like to purchase a 72" radius platten, a flat platen, and a chiller.

I see the flat platten is sold out, but I'm willing to wait and hoping you make more.

THANKS!

Andy,

We'll have to stick with just the 72" and chiller for now. I'll send you a PM when I make more flat platens. It looks like it will be about 6-8 weeks before I have a mill open.

Thanks,
Nathan

Inquiry sent on a chiller.
Thanks.

Edit: Check is en-route for 1 platen chiller.

Last edited:
I've been using Nathan's chiller and platen for some time now, mainly for cleaning up flats and rough profiling. But yesterday was the first time that I used the combo for grinding bevels. I'm still amazed at how cool the platen stays, even during prolonged, hard grinding. I was able to stay in the "zone" without having to constantly stop to cool the platen. The hardened platen is also much more resistant to deformation than the stock KMG platen. I've had to resurface my stock platen (by hand!) numerous times because of the grooves that develop over time.

Flat grinding a chef's knife:

2012-11-16%20at%2013-45-12%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

I also ground this little guy outta CPM154. This pattern is based on my 5-year old daughter's design!

2012-11-16%20at%2016-31-11-X2.jpg

That is awesome! I appreciate the feedback.

Back