• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Radius platen, flat platen and water cooled chiller sale

Received my flat and radius platten and the chiller through my buddy Erik last week. Awesome work Nathan, can't get better quality than this.

Hi Nathan, If you plan on another run of flat plattens, and one of 24'' I am interested. I have two of your others and like them very much. Thanks a lot, Mark

Any plans to make a flat platen that will fit the TW-90?

I haven't been planing to, but then again I never planned on making so many for the KMG either. :foot:

What are the dimension?

2x10. I can check where the holes are drilled a bit later.

My mild steel platen is getting grooved after only several hours of grinding.

2x10. I can check where the holes are drilled a bit later.

My mild steel platen is getting grooved after only several hours of grinding.

The TW 90 is too big for me to modify any of the existing platens, there isn't anywhere for me to put mounting holes. If there is enough interest in special platens for the TW90 I can include a few in my next round of platens. I understand the hole centers are 8"?

If your mild steel platen is grooving in just a few hours, a hardened steel platen probably isn't going to fix your problem. It will wear slower but it will still wear.

Rough profile grinding will wear a groove pretty quick. If that is the culprit I'd recommend using a contact wheel for that. My platen won't cure this problem.

did any attachments for the TW 90 ever come around? thanks

Not yet. They're on the list so I should have them ready some time this year but there are a couple other things I have to do first.

Thanks,
Nate

Back