RAJ Kumar/ KAMI FUND DRIVE

This is a repost of other thread so we can share great photos from raj kumar blades, no sales or donations to be handled here-- but be on the look out for some offerings in the "production fixed blades for sale" where I will be making some sales to benefit raj kumar and the other kami.

lets all come together and give a bit more when we buy a HI knife and make sure we note "for kami medical fund/ raj kumar/ general kami fund" whatever you like-- but lets all show how much we appreciate the great prices and products at HI: by putting a little extra down to help out these master craftsmen.

Suga knife is now available in the Exchange-For Sale: Production Fixed Blades (Individual), all proceeds to go towards bringing back Rajkumar and his family!

thanks phil, and remember guys, just follow forum rules, but we can still help out to get this going-- if you want to do the same, just post your kami fund drive knife in the production fixed blades and organize the proceeds to go to auntie, lets all do whatever we can! gelbu was just sold, but I will post more things in production fixed.

thanks a bunch everyone who is taking part, and thanks to all forumites who lurk here on the best place on internerd.

I find this a very intriguing post. Is there somewhere I can read what this is about?

there was a forum rule mistake made, its in the closed thread titled very similar to this one-- basically we are trying to get money together to bring a kami and his family back to bir gorkha , he needs cash to move them, and we had a landslide near the factory in nepal recently, so two kami thamar and lok are having to deal with that.-- so this is a basic awareness thread about the needs of our favorite company,and how we can help.

whenever you buy a knife, add 10 dollars and note "for the kami" or "for raj kumar" and auntie will add it up

Can we sell some stuff here, using bladeforum as a platform in return extra funding return to Aunte: Operation bir gorkha !

Can we sell some stuff here, using bladeforum as a platform in return extra funding return to Aunte: Operation bir gorkha !

Please see the note from Karda below, we cannot sell any items in this forum, but there is a work around:

My Friends,

While I and I'm sure Auntie greatly appreciate your friendship, enthusiasm, thoughtfulness and kind gestures, we simply cannot abandon the sites rules.....
If you wish to post sales to benefit the kamis, please do so in the "fixed blade (individual) section" of the Exchange forum and donate the money to Auntie if you wish. Anyone may make a direct donation to Auntie for benefit of the Kami's, medical fund etc.... but we cannot allow sales by the membership in this forum.

I am sorry.

Here are a few links to some news regarding the landslide. It seems the highway being blocked and the unstable conditions of the river are making it hard for people to get around. I would think just being in the area during monsoon season alone would be dangerous. Condolences to the families who lost loved ones. They are some brave people. I wish I could just go hop a plane and help them out but I sure we as a group can do some good from here. Thanks for spearheading this effort Gehazi. Oh and thanks for the Gelbu! Count me in on this relief! I have some Rajkumar blades and he is a great Kami. I would love to have him back!

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...nindianepalcausedeadlylandslideandfloods.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...cuatedinnepalafterthisweekendslandlslide.html

yeah we can still work together here to keep focus on the hardships they face to bring us such great fair trade products-- lets remember to do all we can and donate whenever possible-- if you have a charity knife post it on the fixed blade forums for sale, do not post here-- this is kami appreciation thread !!! and thanks everyone for efforts.

USA medicine treatment
Another suggestion method is, any HI customer who are medical practitioner who can provide necessary medicine to deal with Kami sickness. As I know, in Nepal there will not have proper medicine to cure any long term sickness or disease. If anyone who are in-service paramedic or will have related medicine available for donation. I think it is also a way to help instead of money.

yeah most of us are only able to donate though as we all have other jobs :D -- i commend anyone who goes to nepal to do humanitarian work

money is the best way for people to help who cannot leave their jobs :D

In Nepal I don't think they will do anti-seismic prevention or geotechnical and slope stability. If anyone who are working in major construction company or even worker can provide solution or hardware donation as well.

Here are a few links to some news regarding the landslide. It seems the highway being blocked and the unstable conditions of the river are making it hard for people to get around. I would think just being in the area during monsoon season alone would be dangerous. Condolences to the families who lost loved ones. They are some brave people. I wish I could just go hop a plane and help them out but I sure we as a group can do some good from here. Thanks for spearheading this effort Gehazi. Oh and thanks for the Gelbu! Count me in on this relief! I have some Rajkumar blades and he is a great Kami. I would love to have him back!

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...nindianepalcausedeadlylandslideandfloods.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...cuatedinnepalafterthisweekendslandlslide.html

Don't mean to sound ignorant but is it OK with paypal to put "for kami medical fund/ raj kumar/ general kami fund" in the description to send $$? Not that familiar with their rules....thanks.

I don't think there's any issue with that. Just don't use the word gun, republican, or freedom.

Don't mean to sound ignorant but is it OK with paypal to put "for kami medical fund/ raj kumar/ general kami fund" in the description to send $$? Not that familiar with their rules....thanks.

Yes, it is perfectly fine, just put "Kami Medical Fund, or Rajkumar Fund, or General Kami Fund", choose whichever fund you would like your donation to support.

Very generous of you, and I am sure it is very much appreciated, by those intended.

thank you sir, you are helping to make HI a better company!

current issues :
silver smith is just now getting better after eye damage
Lok kami has need of medical care
landslide issues have caused numerous small problems and large
raj kumar needs to move family back to bir gorkha;needs our help because of hard times
power continues to be spotty in nepal

good news :
business is way up
many old and new kami with major talent are at work now
settling in to new location

all in all any donation , no matter how small helps immensely because of the relative wealth of nepal, lets remember it is one of the most exploited in terms of workers , doing your part to help out HI , helps out the very workers who would be taken advantage of if HI was not around. HI provides better than average wages for people who are not treated well because of religious reasons , or cultural.

overall you can feel good about any money you donate and can be sure it goes directly to the people who need it , and in turn to provide support to the company we all love.

Last edited:
Gehazi has hit it pretty much spot on.
Caring for the workers, their families and the business can be trying at the best of times for Auntie and Pala....and any help you guys give to them is greatly appreciated all around. It is also basically what this forum is all about, we as family coming together to help each other whatever the circumstance.
I think Uncle Bill would be proud.

I hope you all know I really didn't want to shut down the other thread.
But, I also don't want to get this forum or myself in trouble with not complying with the rules of the site.
Believe me, I try my very best to moderate evenly, fairly and in the best interest of you all, HI and the site in general. It isn't always an easy task. It isn't always an enjoyable one. These things come with the territory.

I want you all to know that your friendship, patronage and helpfulness are very much appreciated and for the most part are what keeps me from completely losing my marbles some days.

right back at you karda, HI is still up and running because of people like you who gave their time because they loved this place, we simply carry on that tradition!

Thanks Karda for keeping us all together and operating smoothly. Not an easy task when your having to deal with a mix of cultures and opinions. We may be a mixed bunch of nuts but thanks for keeping us all in the same can an keeping the lid on! Lord knows we need it sometimes:D You are not to be blamed for anything. We know the rules or at least we should but were human as well. Fine job your doing here:thumbup:

Back