Randall Diver

This one will definetly be a user. IT's also a gift from a friend, so I don't have any intentions of selling it.

Ive got another question for you guys. What size compass will fit into the model 18 end cap?

Well, the tube for the handle is exactly one inch, if that answers your question.

The shop supplied compass is $15 and measures 17/32" across. If you're installing you own compass on a RMK Model #18, I'd suggest you go with an original RMK supplied compass and not an aftermarket version...

Thank you Melvin. Is there anything you guys dont know? :p

ETA: Do you happen to sell them? If so, I can pay with paypal or money order.

I got the idea you were buying the #18 from Melvin as you said his prices were good. His has a compass already installed.
After all these questions we expect you to support one of our own or you will be banished from the Randall community!

Nah, you've got to be a pretty big screw-up to get banished from the Randall community. Not that it hasn't happened in the history of the world, but you've got to really work at it.

I hope everyone realizes I was just kidding!!!!!
It doesn't matter to me where someone buys their Randall just as long as they buy one!

lol, When I told nordic knives that Id take the one they had I thought the only 5.5" #18 that Melvin had didnt have sawteeth.

Now to track down one of those compasses, googles giving me no results.

Jason's been playing around with some metal ones (instead of the plastic crap they're using now). You might want to talk to him.

machine - I wrote a reference book on Randall Made knives that is sold at the Randall Shop; so, some would tell you that I know a thing or three about them (I, however, wouldn't - I just answer questions for free).

That said, I don't speak for the Randall Shop, nor do I have much contact with them other then selling them books and buying their knives. Thus, all shop related questions, IMO, should be asked of the shop. Via phone at 407-855-8075 or via the email contact page found at http://www.randallknives.com/ I'd suggest you ask for a free catalog while you're at it.

As to sales; yes, I resell Randall knives on the secondary market, but don't advertise that fact here on Bladeforums.com (BFC) because I don't have a dealer membership. In fact, I kinda cringed a bit when Dan, aka zaptain mentioned my website, in that my 'support the forum' Gold membership runs me about $35 bucks or so a year - while a 'dealer' membership runs ~$600 a year last time I checked. Like you, he's new here and doesn't know all the rules yet... ;)

I do have the ok to run the book announcement in my Sig line, however, because I offer free domestic shipping (on the book) to anyone that mentions and can show they are a paid BFC member in good standing - as a perk to BFC members. Typically, any knives you'll see me selling here are my personal, used, low cost EDC knives. When I said I could help, I meant that I could steer you in the right direction - not that I had something to sell ya.

That said, as to the Saw Teeth / No Saw Teeth (ST/NST) Model #18 I have - that's a pretty rare bird. Sawteeth are standard and free on a Model #18. The ST/NST option (to do a special order knife with no saw teeth) costs an additional $35 and is not mentioned in the catalog. As such, I've seen exactly three configured like that in the last 11 years, and I've owned two of them.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Can't disagree with that. But I've seen more knives with ST/NST grinds than BCP grinds. Just sayin'.

(Don't mind us; Sheldon's a good friend, and I'm allowed to give him a poke every once in a while.)

I was kinda toasted when I posted that last night. I should probably clarify that there's no such thing as an 18 with a BCP grind. When I said "knives," I was speaking generally, not specifically about the 18.

Okey dokey, then. "Bowie Clip Point." It's a full clip grind (such as you'd see on a 12-6SB, a regular 12-9, a Smith, Confederate or Thorp), but on a 14 or 15. There aren't many of 'em.

Bowie Clip Point Model #18? Yeah, I can do that.... :D

Not many of 'em I'd imagine...

Attachments

• Photo 127.jpg
    Photo 127.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 33
I'm impressed. Especially since a quick phone call to the shop this morning confirmed that they never made any. Ahem.

Yep, pretty impressive. They didn't make a lot of many things, depending on who you speak with... ;)

Back