Randall Made Knives found in garage, rusty, but with sheath and sharpening stone...

In my second cool find this week, I uncovered this Randall in my garage. Must have been my dad's. No idea as to the age. What do you think? Is this thing a candidate for refinishing? Anyone know anything about "Randall Made Knives" out of Orlando?

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0786.jpg

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

IMAG0788.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

You would have had better luck if you'd posted this in the Randall forum here.

A nice 11-5. I'd leave it alone. There's undoubtedly a lot of history there.

Randall?? Never heard of them. I'll give you $10.00 for it...... Just kidding. A great find and well worth restoring.

It's not really that bad, just use it and enjoy, the rust will come off.

Oil the blade....

I could refurb it for you.

No. If you do decide to have it refurbished, send it to Randall in Orlando. They'll do it right.

Send it in to Randall knives, when you buy a Randall you buy their great service and care. I'm sure they will take care of you.

If you don't know what you have found then let me put it to you this way. If I ordered one of those today it would cost over $300 and I wouldn't get it for 5 years.

If it were mine, I would oil it up with mineral oil, get it good and sharp, rub a little Obenauf's into the leather and use it. It looks like a fantastic knife to my eyes.
If you do want to have it reconditioned, definitely take Samael's advice and send it to Randall.

If you do have it cleaned, you will be removing all of it's history. Personally, I wouldn't. You can never make it new again.
Great find. I'm glad you found it before it got bad.

It's a late '60's knife that needs nothing more than a few micro-fiber cloths, a little Flitz, a toothbrush, and even less mineral oil. Do Not refurbish it! Anything other than a little 'wax on, wax off' will completely screw up the originality. As posted here elsewhere, you can't make it new again, so don't even try...

Back