Random Thought Thread

Lorien, my sincere condolences to you for the sudden loss of your friend and collaborator. For those who may not know, there's information about this sad news on the Custom & handmade forum. I was very interested in his folders since Lorien had posted some photos of them in the "what folder" thread and also because I wanted to do a deal with Bob on one of them but the tight budget did not permit at the time. While I'm on this sad news, I'd like to extend my condolences to Bob & Nathan too. Very sorry for your loss and the loss to the whole knife loving community. RIP.

thanks man. Been a shitty couple years in the deaths department.
I am taking steps to ensure that Bing's legacy grows and lives on.

A year or two ago, I was able to "find" a second Potato Knife, which was intended for my 96yo neighbor (now 98). A few days ago, I was helping her scoop some ice cream (her hands don't work well sometimes) and in rummaging around her "junk" drawer where the scoop was located, I came across that same Potato Knife I gave her 2 years ago. It was dirty, a few dings, some minor damage to the point, etc.

She had decided not to use it anymore, apparently a year ago. She put up no argument when I took it back, lol. So just the other day, I decided to finally use a Potato knife - and I traded my new/unused one to another CPKer here in Cali.

This means I finally get to make some use out of one of Nathan's knives, besides the Chopper I bang around with. Happy day!

Here's a random thought, prompted by Jo's (very cool!) post above with the flint knapped arrow head... Do you wonder if Nathan had been around at the time that flint knapping was a necessary survival skill, that his arrow heads would have been far superior to any others available and sell out in a matter of seconds?

I had a crazy idea last night, what do you think? Behemoth Bowie anyone (sharpened clip, of course ;))?

Screenshot_20180313-165203.png Screenshot_20180313-165207.png

~Chip

There is something slightly off, I'll play around with the sharpie a bit more and see if I can get something better. There's always the zombie style swedge option too ;).

~Chip

Back