Random Thought Thread

Any recommendations for security cameras and a video doorbell?

I'm trying to avoid anything that requires wifi. I don't like the idea of it being connected to the internet.
That is going to severely limit your options. You'll be most likely looking at traditional CCTV type camera systems, and will need to run cat6 or coax and power cables. Local viewing only on a connected display or intercom system, and recording to a NVR if you want to keep any video. Won't likely be cheap either for anything of decent quality.

Any recommendations for security cameras and a video doorbell?

I'm trying to avoid anything that requires wifi. I don't like the idea of it being connected to the internet.
I completely agree with the reluctance to connecting to the internet. But I’m a big believer in the “defense in depth” concept. For me the monitored cameras are all outside with the CCTV system monitoring inside. My rational is that I need to know THAT someone got in if I’m not home, hacking that gives someone little information that concerns me. Recording the interior is for insurance and prosecution purposes. And SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak is spot on: my CCTV system is substantially more expensive.

Blues with both barrels today. Between tech support and the fraud lately, you're putting in some work.

3uAkZiY.gif

Blues with both barrels today. Between tech support and the fraud lately, you're putting in some work.

3uAkZiY.gif
And the thanks these mods get.
Not enough.
But I’ll bet they get a chuckle every time some chuckle%*>k gets banned and comes back with a new user name containing the name of the mod that banned them used in a phrase.
I was scrolling the banned members list (only about the last 25 pages) and it looks like blues and boru13 are heading for a showdown. Shineyedges, although not a mod, must be putting in some good work over in whine and cheese.

Anybody here ever paid $240.00 for a popsicle? I just did.

This afternoon, my daughter calmly told my wife that she needed to go to the doctor. She had stuck a bean up her nose and she had to get it out. Wife takes a look and, by golly, something is up there. One trip to urgent care and a red kidney bean has been freed. To calm her nerves, the nurse gave my daughter a popsicle. She's now happy as a clam. Of course the children's urgent care we attended
doesn't accept our insurance, so we got to pay out of pocket.

As we were leaving, little missy pointed back to the urgent care and said "I need to put another bean in my nose so I can get another popsicle." She's 3, and apparently a chaotic/good. Too smart for her own good and ruthless Jeebus help me.
I'm so sorry

Back