Random Thought Thread

Our first grandbaby was born today ! Welcome to the world beautiful Raini Mae .❤️
Congrats!!! :cool:

I became a great uncle last week myself, starting to feel a little bit old... 😬

A wise man once told me, "Den, you know what makes a good neighbor ... a tall fence". Thanks for your wisdom big brother. I am pretty sure Leonard will get the hint that we are tired of looking at his junk now. 😉
I'm not seeing anything too egregious there, but I like my privacy too. Just hope you don't get too much wind there. A fence that tall where I'm at would not last long without much thicker (or steel) posts.

Congrats!!! :cool:

I became a great uncle last week myself, starting to feel a little bit old... 😬

I'm not seeing anything too egregious there, but I like my privacy too. Just hope you don't get too much wind there. A fence that tall where I'm at would not last long without much thicker (or steel) posts.
We are in a very high wind area in SW Ohio - 100 acre open field adjacent to my property and 90 acres directly across the road that 3 houses and a horse farm share. We have neighbors on 2 sides of us - one a great neighbor and the other is LEONARD behind us and the reason for the fence. We get 30-40 mph winds here on the norm but get 60+ mph winds occasionally. That said - the posts are treated 6" x 6" x 16' every 8', buried 4', set with 150# of redi-mix concrete each and then dirt/clay compacted down on top of that. The fence board will be 1.5" x 6" Popular (AKA: Kentucky Board) installed tightly horizontal and the finished product will be 10'. It's guaranteed to hold up to the winds here ... not sure about a tornado though. :oops:

Last edited:
Back