Random Thought Thread

There have been some sellers who have engaged in that practice long before this latest scam was a thing. I think the reason given when I pressed awhile back was that it dissuaded "tire kickers" and also allowed the seller to focus on only a single means of communication.

The only real action is on the CPK WTS Sub anyway. You can lock the thread, write from right to left, use different alphabet that are not Latin based and the CPKs will still sell faster than any other make. CRKs also comes close but CPK is the reigning champ and the Sultan of knife sales on the Exchange.

I wouldn't have any issues communicating via pm, because mods can still see those, unless I'm mistaken. I won't email outside BF for a transaction involving a knife sold here though.

I don't believe mods are able to see PMs, unless they are specifically invited to the conversation. Nathan and/or Blues can correct me if I'm wrong.

CPK preorders keep my penny jar pretty empty. I've only bought 2 knives on the exchange in my 19 years here. I feel a bit left out of all the recent scamming which seems so exciting.

It's pretty terrible and it's mostly self-inflicted at this point. The mod staff has been ran pretty ragged over it and I think at this point, they have thrown up their hands and said "f@#% it". If folks can't read and take the couple of minutes to protect themselves, it's on them at that point.

It's pretty terrible and it's mostly self-inflicted at this point. The mod staff has been ran pretty ragged over it and I think at this point, they have thrown up their hands and said "f@#% it". If folks can't read and take the couple of minutes to protect themselves, it's on them at that point.

You got me.

For our bi-annual "knife gathering", instead of our usual PNW shindig, I'll be headed to Montana next week to spend some time in the sticks. There will be lots of steel, bacon, and general merriment. I hope to share some pics when I get back.

The only real action is on the CPK WTS Sub anyway. You can lock the thread, write from right to left, use different alphabet that are not Latin based and the CPKs will still sell faster than any other make. CRKs also comes close but CPK is the reigning champ and the Sultan of knife sales on the Exchange.

Unless you use "the kettleman" ("I will not sell to non-paying members - However, I will deduct/refund the membership costs from the purchase price if you pm me a receipt showing you signed up to buy one of my knives"). They still sell but a little slower. Good practice though, IMO.

FWIW, as a pharmacist with chronic sinus problems, I've recently switched from using Flonase to Astepro (azelastine) for the following reasons.

First, azelastine, like cetirizine and Allegra is an antihistamine, but as a nasal spray it goes directly to where it is needed as opposed to your entire system which can cause possible side effects like drowsiness.

Second, flonase, although probably being fine for short term use is a steroid which can potentially reduce your immune response, resulting in additional infections.

I admit I'm not an expert in this field, but I received this info from an ENT and it made sense to me so I made the switch after many years of using Flonase. So far I've had very good results, much better than when using Flonase.
I had to stop Flonase due to nose bleeds and have to use Astelin (also Azelastine).

Going through some old pics, look what I found!

4PyGRLi.jpg

Back