Random Thought Thread

My best SWAG would be episode 3 or 4, but not 100% sure. I wish I knew too! Tonight will be the FiF all-stars.

Just a hint to all of yall, it was 110 degrees inside that warehouse on the day that I did my run.

Only 110º? No sweat. :p

random knife is random
WevV66L.jpg

Why is Nathan’s light on at these wee hours?!

If you wonder the same about me, it’s because Grog has risen from the dead and is texting me about some dead fox he scraped outta his shed! You know really important stuff which you gotta let your buddy know around 2 AM local time!!!

Why is Nathan’s light on at these wee hours?!

If you wonder the same about me, it’s because Grog has risen from the dead and is texting me about some dead fox he scraped outta his shed! You know really important stuff which you gotta let your buddy know around 2 AM local time!!!
It’s good to have friends.

I have a question for the OD Green Micarta Fans! I have owned 1 knife that had Unbuffed Green Canvas, and with usage it turned into a Brown color. My question is does Buffed Green Micarta also turn a Brownish Color? Thanks
Tom

Bad bad me!

J/K and apologies to Tommy. You know I luv ya man :)

OK, lemme get serious and not juvenile in here:

I have only had unbuffed OD green which went unused, but FWIW, my unbuffed black micarta handle scales became quite dark and almost indistinguishable from the buffed version after use in the 2 dimensional realm (taking photos) But the tactile feel was still different with more grip as opposed to buffed.

Last edited:
I have a question for the OD Green Micarta Fans! I have owned 1 knife that had Unbuffed Green Canvas, and with usage it turned into a Brown color. My question is does Buffed Green Micarta also turn a Brownish Color? Thanks
Tom

Dehumidifiers have proven so ridiculously important in my house. Until a few weeks ago I didn’t have them because I’m such a dumbass.

I chopped down a tree with my daughter yesterday and then I smelled the wood and looked at the leaves and realized it was a sassafras tree. So I ate some of it.

Today a pizza delivery guy was chatting with me about my front door and I slapped him in the tit because a mosquito landed on it. Dude didn’t flinch or even skip a beat in the conversation.

I am interested to see what this color looks like, seems to have all the color patterns i would associate with the (Camo Pattern) i have seen, but in Linen
three color rag micarta, black-natural-OD green linen, it's a weird random mess. Some people call it "burl".

Last night we witnessed our own personal supernovae - the "explosion" in space of the separation of the Falcon 9 lift-off and the re-entry booster firing for the landing of the booster rocket on earth at Vandenberg, accompanied by multiple sonic booms. Just incredible.

That was an incredible light show last night. I'm sure it was even more impressive up in your neck of the woods Bob.

Back