Random Thought Thread

Need a new “blade” too much fun this week
BTGuuRs.jpg
Did this guy break it?
View attachment 1041616

Warchild is a dick.

Nathan said he’s leaning towards a UF preorder instead of the FK2!:eek: :)

I only want one small knife pre-order at a time and I'm actually leaning towards a preorder on the UF instead simply because it's an established pattern and we're running out of stock and there still appears to be some demand for it. I might know somebody who could proxy for you on a FK2 sale though.

I did try for a UF today, but i got to thinking: what void would it serve me? I can totally see me using the HDFK i got coming, and edc2 that is next on the list, and definitely the FK2/BMF, but could a few give me insights on what the purpose you'd have for the UF? I don't mean this to come across as bashing the design, just looking for feedback. Will it be a Bug out bag knife, for those that serve, hunting, or forest foraging? Give me ideas :)

I did try for a UF today, but i got to thinking: what void would it serve me? I can totally see me using the HDFK i got coming, and edc2 that is next on the list, and definitely the FK2/BMF, but could a few give me insights on what the purpose you'd have for the UF? I don't mean this to come across as bashing the design, just looking for feedback. Will it be a Bug out bag knife, for those that serve, hunting, or forest foraging? Give me ideas :)
With the name Benchrest308, I am surprised we need to explain why you "need" one.......;)

It’ll serve as my back-up self defense implement and reside in my nightstand, but I’ll be sure to get it out in the sticks to ride on my pack as well based on the nicely executed broad-based utilitarian design. Haven’t had one in hand yet but feel the design could serve nicely in a multi-purpose role :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Knowing how generous Nate is to his customers I would guess there will be a pre order for the FK2 after the UF .

Yeah I agree. Nathan did state that he doesn’t like to have a preorder for more than one small knife at a time. So I think he might do a preorder for the FK2 after the UF if there is enough demand during the regular sales.

Last edited:
Man, I feel sad in the way that a kid who has eaten too much candy feels sad when more candy is offered but he knows that any more candy will make him toss his cookies.

I landed a knife I have been chasing for some time, and my finances are such that I am not going to be able to buy anything to add to my collection for a while. Maybe a moderately extended while.

But why does this make me sad? Because someone whose name rhymes with schmathan is making and selling UFs and soon to be doing the same with FK2s. Usually I might try to buy one, test it out, and sell it on, but I don't want to test a UF and sell it, I have wanted one for years, and someday, if I snag one, it will go in the permanent collection.

I had been trying in some of the recent sales, but then I had an opportunity I couldn't pass up that has utterly tapped my discretionary funds. No one needs to shed any tears for me, but I am going to be sad as the UFs pass me by. Hopefully I can get my finances in order in time to get an FK2 (because that is another one I have no intention of reselling).

Oh well, I'll just have to console myself with my pile of wonderful knives as I mourn the other wonderful knives I don't have.

Man, I feel sad in the way that a kid who has eaten too much candy feels sad when more candy is offered but he knows that any more candy will make him toss his cookies.

I landed a knife I have been chasing for some time, and my finances are such that I am not going to be able to buy anything to add to my collection for a while. Maybe a moderately extended while.

But why does this make me sad? Because someone whose name rhymes with schmathan is making and selling UFs and soon to be doing the same with FK2s. Usually I might try to buy one, test it out, and sell it on, but I don't want to test a UF and sell it, I have wanted one for years, and someday, if I snag one, it will go in the permanent collection.

I had been trying in some of the recent sales, but then I had an opportunity I couldn't pass up that has utterly tapped my discretionary funds. No one needs to shed any tears for me, but I am going to be sad as the UFs pass me by. Hopefully I can get my finances in order in time to get an FK2 (because that is another one I have no intention of reselling).

Oh well, I'll just have to console myself with my pile of wonderful knives as I mourn the other wonderful knives I don't have.

Fortunately for you, there are people around here who will pick up 4,5... maybe more, of these. Six months or a year from now when your finances are sorted out, you’ll be able to make a post in the “buy, sell or trade thread” that you’re looking for one. It’s been my experience that the members around here are more than happy to help out other contributing members. Even if the knife being sought is selling on the secondary market at a substantial mark up - these members will often sell it at/close to cost plus shipping.
So take a deep breath and rest easy knowing that one day, if you want it, you will have your UF!

Fortunately for you, there are people around here who will pick up 4,5... maybe more, of these. Six months or a year from now when your finances are sorted out, you’ll be able to make a post in the “buy, sell or trade thread” that you’re looking for one. It’s been my experience that the members around here are more than happy to help out other contributing members. Even if the knife being sought is selling on the secondary market at a substantial mark up - these members will often sell it at/close to cost plus shipping.
So take a deep breath and rest easy knowing that one day, if you want it, you will have your UF!
What he said. Tell me what scale color you want and your knife will be sitting here when you are ready, at maker's price.

Back