Random Thought Thread

I am aware of the way things have been around here from the start. I've been quietly watching all along. ;) Delta 3V is where I really started listening.... SNIP... I think the sales model like this weekend's slow HDFK sale make more sense, and may well actually be simpler and less stressful for everyone. Maybe not as "fun" though...

It's a great subbie to hang around at, be it actively or in stealth mode ;)

I often ask myself about that "fun" factor as to whether it's more fun for the participants or the Evil Genius freshly hydrated by brewskis! :eek:

This is the exact site, imaged from the balcony on a rough day, where those surfers were filmed, Morro Bay High School in the foreground.

Biggest seas I've seen here: "LATE SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY MORNING, BREAKERS BETWEEN 18 AND 25 FEET WILL BE COMMON ACROSS WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING BEACHES, WITH LOCAL SETS UP TO 30 FEET POSSIBLE DURING THIS TIME PERIOD"

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
This week's sale is only slow and casual because there are literally several hundred HDFKs out there already. That is the reason there is no rush and it can be kept open all weekend in advance. The same would not work for a UF sale, even if Nathan had 100 on the shelf ready to go. They would be sold in less than a minute in all likelihood. If he opened a sale thread for them and kept it open all weekend, it would be on page ten after the first hour. My guess it would end up somewhere neighborhood of 500 or more before it closed on Sunday evening, making it just another pre-order, as I don't ever see Nathan's model changing to have 500 of any model just sitting on a shelf unclaimed, nor should it.

Clearly a similar sale of the UF wouldn't be as slow and casual as the HDFK this weekend, but it surely would make it a hell of a lot easier for folks to get one. I really don't think they'd sell out quite that quickly, especially if folks were limited to one each, but yeah, it certainly wouldn't stay open all weekend. Just one @$$hole's opinion, I know, and I'm not the one who makes the decisions. ;)

It's a great subbie to hang around at, be it actively or in stealth mode ;)

I often ask myself about that "fun" factor as to whether it's more fun for the participants or the Evil Genius freshly hydrated by brewskis! :eek:

Yeah, reminds me a lot of the Busse forum about 12-15 years ago. And the Friday sales (especially the Ironwood EDC's and these UF's recently) remind me of the old school Busse Ganzaaa sales. Drinkin' and F5in. F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5.... :D

That is so cool Dave!
Will you take me for a spin if I fly up to the US?
:p

Heck if I had a snorkel I'd come get ya!

Makes it easier to keep up with the dogs that way.

Redneck side of me would love to go chase some coyotes hanging out the passenger side of that rig.

I'm not even going to lie brother, the thing is a blast.

Badass mini snow cat!!! :cool: :thumbsup: Tilt bed?

Some guys use very similar machines in the mountains here to groom some extensive snowmobile trails.

Yep, it's a Polaris Ranger with the tilt bed. Has a pretty good amount of storage space in the bed under that topper. I'll slap tires back on it in the spring, but it seems like it's going to go anywhere I've got the guts to go with these tracks on. I knew I was going to track it, and if I could have ponied up the funds for a new machine I would have went with the Honda Pioneer 1000, since it has a transmission vs the Polaris being belt-driven. But the previous owner of this Polaris had a Dura-Clutch installed which utilizes clutch packs where the belt never disengages, so I'm hoping I'm good to go.

Back