Random Thought Thread

#stillnotnathan

CPK does not have a pattern officially named Camp Knife. Are you thinking about another CPK pattern? Regardless, I don't think that the handle scales on the Heavy Duty Field Knife fit any other CPKs.

Since the HDFK, I've significantly improved my handle modelling game, (which HDFK's big brother will demonstrate should that project go forward) and I think and/or hope you'll appreciate the results with the intro of DEK1

Lorien are you referring to the camp knife?

mmmmaybe....

Think maybe its time to see a Machined (Stonwashed) UF with Dagger Grind:thumbsup:

-1.png

Every bit of what I was expecting in this "new" model, but still hard to believe it came out THAT GOOD. My god, it's actually beyond my expectations. How is that possible:eek::D:D:):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oops I hit the wrong thumb initially, honest to god.

20190905_125945.jpg

I changed both the grind angles and the blade shape for the dagger grind variant. This required changing the tooling, so a consequence of this is I can't go back and make more of the original, so the original Utility Fighter is now retired.

Damnit you're killing me! After seeing the ones for the FFS, didn't think I wanted one, so ordered the regular UF. But damn that looks awesome!:thumbsup: Wallet is not going to be happy, that is if I can even get in on one of the Friday sales.

Damnit you're killing me! After seeing the ones for the FFS, didn't think I wanted one, so ordered the regular UF. But damn that looks awesome!:thumbsup: Wallet is not going to be happy, that is if I can even get in on one of the Friday sales.

I would wager that the first dagger-grind Friday's sale (tomorrow?) will be insanely brisk with only 5 being offered. I hope that Nathan will be offering more of these DGs in the next few months as he is also fulfilling the preorders. so that those who wish to get 'em, do get em! To me, the DG appears to be quite a different knife than the original UF so it becomes at least a must own x 2 :)

you'll never see two different knives of my design with the same handle
View attachment 1191409

I changed both the grind angles and the blade shape for the dagger grind variant. This required changing the tooling, so a consequence of this is I can't go back and make more of the original, so the original Utility Fighter is now retired.
the updated version makes a lot more sense to me.
I'll take one!

View attachment 1191409

Holy Shit:eek: These are a vast improvement IMO over the original design:thumbsup:My Compliment's Nathan-Stunning, Beautiful, and Deadly;)

Holy Shit:eek: These are a vast improvement IMO over the original design:thumbsup:My Compliment's Nathan-Stunning, Beautiful, and Deadly;)

The DGs with some fancy scales like AECM if and when avail cost what? 650ish? That's a friggin deal when you compare to the dainty j*rk-off folders 200-300 north of that price point. OK, two different paradigms but I rather own the CPK-DG on any day and twice on Sundays than the aforementioned. Still it's a lotta $ for the average folk who I don't wish to rub the wrong way but in relative terms, Nathan is offering a semi-custom products, well north of many semi-customs I care to not-own, at very reasonable prices.

#nathandontmathgood :p

Back