Random Thought Thread

BTW, I saw your post in what is in the works.
If you can't order from Amazon directly, you can try services like shipitto, or another virtual US address.
Never heard of that myself . I'm in Ireland and know Ebay US won't allow me to buy a knife direct to here so maybe Amazon won't also. We are linked in with the UK as we are to small obviously to bother with giving us a separate system but can from Europe. Luckily some guys in the US have been very helpful to me. 🤞☘☘👊

Thought I heard of a super duty fk? I spent 3 years trying to track down a hdfk.
Ohh
My favourite Carothers is my HDFK . It's the perfect knife to me. I'd love a preorder again for these with maybe some options to customise it. I wouldn't mind the wait . Bought a spare set of scales in my favourite black micarta hoping to pick up another one with any scales.

David Lennon David Lennon HDFK was the first CPK that I ever saw. I think it's a masterpiece designwise.
Sadly, I don't own a one....but SDFK could be in the same league and it will be available in like 4 months.
Yeah it was the first Carothers I bought as well. I seen a picture of it and wanted one then came across Carothers and have a few others since.
At the time I wouldn't have had a hope of getting one on a drop in 2018 especially being in Ireland but F Freespoolin helped me out by proxing for me and I still appreciate it . Definitely one of my favourites .

View attachment 1557194
Out here in southern-ish Florida representing CPK.
Turns out there is a thing called a “baby moon” which my wife told me we had to take before she gives brith to our son later this year.
If you see me on the beach Gusbuster Gusbuster , be sure to wave! ;)
Sure thing Dan! I’ll be looking out for your CPK cover 👍😁

Why do kids go to school fine and come back b******s?

I thinks it's multiple problems.

School has always been a lord-of-the-flies kind of situation where a mixed group of people with wide ranging backgrounds and in various levels of mental development get mushed together into a potentially toxic mix than can affect people.

Today's popular culture is not serving anybody very well.

Many young teachers who went to university in the 2000s were subjected to the critical social justice theory ideology and other forms of recreational outrage and bring some of this nonsense into the classroom.

Most public schools aren't ideal, and some are truly bad (I went to some of the worst schools in North Carolina when I was a kid and they were amazingly bad), but I still think a good public school is better overall for most kids than other alternatives. It's foolhardy, as a parent, to try to control who your child will grow up to be. I think the best we can do is be supportive and try to be a good role model and let them make mistakes (within reason) while they're still in a safe environment. Kids who have been brought up to be comfortable with themselves are less likely to be molded by "the bad kids" into being little bastards. It's the insecure ones who get affected the worst.

Look up one of my old teachers.... Peter Harvey (to narrow it down add dumbbell to the search)
Geez ....... that is sad.
Like, I am not saying that I am the best, nooone is, I have my better and worse time at work/school, but I am trying to be a professional. Sometimes its hard, you try to be the better example, but sometimes I get upset. But I am trying to be polite, not to be sarcastic, and be fair.
Here in Slovakia we have a bit different system as in US or other countries. I teach kids from 13-19 y.o. Some of them are lazy, some are really good. But I guess that our school is not that big, and we know each other pretty well, so the atmosphere here is quite good. Again, kids behave themself quite good from family, so we have some good foundation, we dont have a lot problems.

Geez ....... that is sad.
Like, I am not saying that I am the best, nooone is, I have my better and worse time at work/school, but I am trying to be a professional. Sometimes its hard, you try to be the better example, but sometimes I get upset. But I am trying to be polite, not to be sarcastic, and be fair.
Here in Slovakia we have a bit different system as in US or other countries. I teach kids from 13-19 y.o. Some of them are lazy, some are really good. But I guess that our school is not that big, and we know each other pretty well, so the atmosphere here is quite good. Again, kids behave themself quite good from family, so we have some good foundation, we dont have a lot problems.
What makes it sadder is that he is genuinely one of the nicest people you could meet. Years of abuse from students made him mentally break,unfortunately the school is run like a business and they rushed him back to work after time off to deal with his mental health.
On another note my better half is Slovak

Gabagool

e7Fcnyc.jpg

Back